Trying to see what the value of my 95 CR125 is

braaap707
Edited Date/Time 4/30/2017 8:30am
Hi guys. Im going to sell my frame up restored 1995 Honda CR125 and im trying to figure out what i should sell it for. Im going to ask $5000 but im going to take reasonable offers. Its basically like buying a better then new steel frame CR125 and its getting hard to get certain parts for these now. Cases split new crank new piston cylinder is like new so i gave a quick hone and ported it. Every chassis related bearings and seals replaced. Throttle jockey graphic kit with seat cover and new UFO plastic. New works connection frame quards. Pro circuit steel pegs. HGS raw exhaust with Pro Circuit R304R silencer with old style spout type end cap. 46mm forks off a 96 CR250 and a 97 CR125 shock with high/low. Forks rebuilt with new seals and oil. Shock was recharged with nitrogen and new bumper with powder coated candy red shock spring. Frame was done white. Rims were powder coated black and hubs red. Boysen clutch cover and ignition covers were done wrinkle black like they were new and so was powervalve cover. Swingarm was brushed for factory look. New 7/8 CR low red/ silver bars. Brand new Clarke white tank. Lots and lots of NOS Honda hardware used throughout that are no longer available. So much more. I could talk for hours about it lol Gonna take some better pics tonight so i can throw it up for sale. It runs and rides like a new bike. Anyone here that really understands the value of these in the states have nay insight what i should sell it for ? Anyone here interested in it ? Ill do a special vitard to vitard price Laughing Pics of the bike below
|
braaap707
4/29/2017 9:01am

Bike was really rough when i got it but its almost as much fun bring them back from the dead then riding them.

The Shop

sandman768
4/29/2017 9:41am
You did a great job on that bike....like many of us have found out, to properly restore a bike will cost more than you may be able to sell it for...the market will determine what it is worth.... Most of the bikes I have built I would be happy to break even if I were to sell them....tried listing it on eBay? I passed on a pretty clean 97 a few months back, wish I bought now....
braaap707
4/29/2017 9:53am
sandman768 wrote:
You did a great job on that bike....like many of us have found out, to properly restore a bike will cost more than you may be...
You did a great job on that bike....like many of us have found out, to properly restore a bike will cost more than you may be able to sell it for...the market will determine what it is worth.... Most of the bikes I have built I would be happy to break even if I were to sell them....tried listing it on eBay? I passed on a pretty clean 97 a few months back, wish I bought now....
Thank you. Your right about the cost thing. Im not making anything at 4k so im gonna try 5. Gonna put it on ebay tonight and see what happens.
pete24
4/29/2017 10:03am
i think thats an Ac racing subframe
braaap707
4/29/2017 10:07am
pete24 wrote:
i think thats an Ac racing subframe
Yeah it is pete. Bike had some cool stuff on it. The steel PC pegs and Boysen covers were on it too. Whats your take on value of it ? I know u had that nice survivor 96 250.
pete24
4/29/2017 12:34pm
its a tough market trying to sell a restored bike look on ebay at item number 262949884224, it aint doing anywhere near what i think its worth
so your bike is worth whatever you can get for it
braaap707
4/29/2017 12:56pm
That thing is nice pete. Im kind of on the fence on whether to put it in auction or just buy it now. Guess ill decide after i watch what a couple bikes like yours go for. If it doesn't sell its just gonna continue to sit in my living room until central's vintage race then unadilla rewind. Makes a good coffee table Laughing
4/29/2017 6:11pm
Problem with restorations is I don't see a lot of people buying bikes already restored. People who want a restored bike either will buy one and do it up having done it before (these people appreciate the cost and time involved) or the ones who will scoff at your price will buy a run down bike and think they can do it way cheaper than what resorted bikes go for (they can't).

Bike is tidy, but please replace that fuel line between the tank and carby.
Red141
4/29/2017 6:19pm
Just for reference, about 2 years ago, I bought a '96 CR250R that was restored to at least the level you did but also came with additional difficult to obtain parts. I paid way less than $5K.
braaap707
4/29/2017 7:38pm
689 wrote:
Problem with restorations is I don't see a lot of people buying bikes already restored. People who want a restored bike either will buy one and...
Problem with restorations is I don't see a lot of people buying bikes already restored. People who want a restored bike either will buy one and do it up having done it before (these people appreciate the cost and time involved) or the ones who will scoff at your price will buy a run down bike and think they can do it way cheaper than what resorted bikes go for (they can't).

Bike is tidy, but please replace that fuel line between the tank and carby.
Good eye haha. I bought a new OEM Honda fuel line last week off eBay in the package still. Im not really sure what would take to sell it but I think $4-4500 is what its worth. There is also a market of guys that just buy them as garage art. I can put new owners name and number on it or make a lammy replica out of it if. That may sound like a lot of money but look at what it costs to buy a new bike. This is maybe 3k cheaper then a new yz125 and it feels like your riding a like new factory cr125. I think that's worth it to someone who had one of these or always wanted one. Thanks for giving me ur take on my situation.
braaap707
4/29/2017 7:48pm
Red141 wrote:
Just for reference, about 2 years ago, I bought a '96 CR250R that was restored to at least the level you did but also came with...
Just for reference, about 2 years ago, I bought a '96 CR250R that was restored to at least the level you did but also came with additional difficult to obtain parts. I paid way less than $5K.
My bike doesn't have any hrc factory parts or a kit but it is still like new condition. Its kind of why I don't want to ride it. I know I'm gonna devalue it the more I ride it. I also have a 96 cr250 twin that's fully restored like mine. PC pipe and bud racing muffler. Black wheels with candy red hubs. Certificate of origin. Ridden up the drive way once to clean it out. Might sell both as package deal.
braaap707
4/30/2017 8:30am
Wow. Thats way too cheap for one of these in restored condition.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
4/30/2017 9:45am
Nice bike and great job on the restoration, but unless you find a well off person that had one as a kid and really wants it I think it will be very difficult getting over $3500 for that. If there was proof that it was a HRC bike or other team bike maybe more but nothing really adding value besides your hard work and attention to detail.
braaap707
4/30/2017 10:38am
yak651 wrote:
Nice bike and great job on the restoration, but unless you find a well off person that had one as a kid and really wants it...
Nice bike and great job on the restoration, but unless you find a well off person that had one as a kid and really wants it I think it will be very difficult getting over $3500 for that. If there was proof that it was a HRC bike or other team bike maybe more but nothing really adding value besides your hard work and attention to detail.
I was offered $4500 by a collector last year but declined since I wanted to at least race it at unadilla before I sell it. That has been the goal since i built it. Guess he gave me a really good offer and I should pursue it. Thanks for ur opinion on this.
braaap707
4/30/2017 4:33pm

My 1996 CR250. Restored from frame up. New crank new piston. Suspension rebuilt front and rear. Lots of new engine hardware throughout. PC pipe bud racing silencer. Lots of powder coat. Polished 1 1/8 over size top triple. Certificate of origin. Going to sell this instead of my 125. Have a couple of modern 250 smokers already and I can only keep one. Email me at shanekelly707@yahoo.com if you want to make me a offer. Will be going up on eBay tommorow.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
4/30/2017 7:26pm
They are beautiful looking bikes. Prices seems a bit steep, but more power to you if you get it!

Post a reply to: Trying to see what the value of my 95 CR125 is

The Latest