Trivia for CR/RC 500 fans

Related:
Create New Tag

7/3/2019 1:38 AM

|

8/15/2019 2:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2019 12:37 AM

Flying freckle was Jeff wards nickname. Edit: Still trying to figure out what I'm missing.... 🤔

|

8/15/2019 8:51 PM

Love this kind of insight.. good stuff right there

|

8/17/2019 11:25 AM

Chance1216 wrote:

Flying freckle was Jeff wards nickname. Edit: Still trying to figure out what I'm missing.... 🤔

It’s Jeff Leisk Aussie 500 GP hero, rode for HRC (hence being included in this) also raced some supercross and outdoors US motocross...

OP thanks for posting this, it’s cool, Dave Thorpe still has ALOT of game on a bike and was a savage back in the day...

|

8/17/2019 11:26 PM

Chance1216 wrote:

Sidecar wrote:

It’s Jeff Leisk Aussie 500 GP hero, rode for HRC (hence being included in this) also raced some supercross and outdoors US motocross...

OP thanks for posting this, it’s cool, Dave Thorpe still has ALOT of game on a bike and was a savage back in the day...

I for some reason was looking for something to be off. Noticed the nickname and fell back on Ward. I even started googling the info but never saw the flying freckle in relation to Leisk. Learned something new...

|

8/19/2019 1:43 PM

Missing Andre Malherbe?

|

8/19/2019 6:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2019 6:18 PM

backinthesaddleagain wrote:

Missing Andre Malherbe?

He wasn't in the Official HRC Team at that time - 89 /90. The caracatures are about the then Team members.

I could be wrong, but, I think in 86, Dede', the Great Man, ran his own show, with Works Hondas, that were either given to him, or leased by him / his backers. Went car racing in 87, mixed with bikes as well, then went into Rallie Raid, to do the Dakar, where, cruely , he got hurt, going into a chair.

I heard "The Flying Freckle" with regards to Leisk plenty of times at races in OZ, decades ago. There's no naming rights on nicknames, except, 'Bear' - and that is I, and I alone!

|

8/20/2019 10:29 AM

backinthesaddleagain wrote:

Missing Andre Malherbe?

Bearuno wrote:

He wasn't in the Official HRC Team at that time - 89 /90. The caracatures are about the then Team members.

I could be wrong, but, I think in 86, Dede', the Great Man, ran his own show, with Works Hondas, that were either given to him, or leased by him / his backers. Went car racing in 87, mixed with bikes as well, then went into Rallie Raid, to do the Dakar, where, cruely , he got hurt, going into a chair.

I heard "The Flying Freckle" with regards to Leisk plenty of times at races in OZ, decades ago. There's no naming rights on nicknames, except, 'Bear' - and that is I, and I alone!

I think Tyler Bowers uses the nickname "the bear". Maybe you can copyright it down under, he can utilize it in the US.

|