Tony Wynn, Sam Rogers 77 4 strk national on CCM, anyone have the full results or photos??

Dropbear
9/28/2017 11:41pm
Ted722 wrote:
I took a quick look in Cycle News. Here's a few. They have the Nationals coverage too. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/28/217050/s1200_Screenshot_2017_09_26_at_7.48.24_AM.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/28/217051/s1200_Screenshot_2017_09_26_at_12.32.19_PM.jpg[/img]
I took a quick look in Cycle News. Here's a few. They have the Nationals coverage too.

I was wondering if you had a higher res image of the CCM test?
Ted722
9/29/2017 12:04am
There's so much more from the 70's. Bob Hannah interviews, Roger Decoster, Supercross and National coverage, Works bikes tests, Dirt Track, Road Racing, etc. Worth every penny of the 5$ Cycle News price. Hope this helps.

]

Dropbear
9/29/2017 1:08am
Ted722 wrote:
There's so much more from the 70's. Bob Hannah interviews, Roger Decoster, Supercross and National coverage, Works bikes tests, Dirt Track, Road Racing, etc. Worth every...
There's so much more from the 70's. Bob Hannah interviews, Roger Decoster, Supercross and National coverage, Works bikes tests, Dirt Track, Road Racing, etc. Worth every penny of the 5$ Cycle News price. Hope this helps.

]

Thanks, great read.
b_rogers
11/15/2017 4:16pm Edited Date/Time 11/16/2017 4:41pm
A cool little side story, got a response to a for sale ad by someone who knew Tony and I called him up. He remembered the CCM being around and several people riding it.. and then said "You do know that Gaylon Mosier showed up one race (without a bike) at Riverview MX to see Tony and your dad on his way through Arkansas. In between motos, he rode your CCM around the outside of the track, then went back over to Tonys van. 2nd moto he comes out suited up riding the CCM and just blew everyone away for a first place..I have his autograph somewhere on a flyer for that race, if my folks didn't toss it." Of course I was pretty stoked but wanted conformation. I found out the organizer of the event was one of my dads buddies and he confirmed it, as well as another 2 people. How cool is that shit?

The Shop

Sidecar
11/18/2017 9:46am
Interesting thread, some great tales, my Dad had a CCM, maybe two... but always preferred Cheney’s, the Rolling Thunder book about the history of CCMs might be of interest to you, a copy of it commands quite a high price now though, it was updated with an extra chapter a few years back to include the Donny Schmitt era and then the YZF powered GP team from about 6-7 years ago, managed by Dave Thorpe... I love the old photos in this thread, keep it up.
b_rogers
11/18/2017 6:06pm
Sidecar wrote:
Interesting thread, some great tales, my Dad had a CCM, maybe two... but always preferred Cheney’s, the Rolling Thunder book about the history of CCMs might...
Interesting thread, some great tales, my Dad had a CCM, maybe two... but always preferred Cheney’s, the Rolling Thunder book about the history of CCMs might be of interest to you, a copy of it commands quite a high price now though, it was updated with an extra chapter a few years back to include the Donny Schmitt era and then the YZF powered GP team from about 6-7 years ago, managed by Dave Thorpe... I love the old photos in this thread, keep it up.
Thank you for the reply and info! Really cool that your dad has one (or two) of these beasts. My dad had a Cheney as well when he first started, but got a Husky ride from Clint Cavin, a local sponsor. I do need to grab a copy of Rolling Thunder before they get too scarce. I have tons of photos of the bike from new to recent but dont wanna clog up the forum, so I mainly post them to Facebook.
Sidecar
11/19/2017 6:32am
Stick more photos on here... I’m not on Facebook.... my Dad still has a Cheney BSA that he takes out a little, this was about 6-7 weeks ago...

Layne_Smith
2/21/2019 9:36pm
Good to see some of Tony Wynn and Sam Roger's history here. I watched Tony, Joiner, Jordan as a kid. We were a Yamaha dealer from Russellville back in the day. Mike Johnson (Owns the Suzuki dealership at Russellville) was competitive back then too. Gene McKay was in the area, and around '77 or '78 "Magoo" Chandler came through and dominated the NLR JACC races that were near the NLR airport. Jay Mathis was fast on the 125's, and Leslie Griggs was a winner in the 250 amateur class...streaked through the NLR high school on his Yamaha (his accomplices turned on him and locked his exit). Later in the 70's, Phil Reed was picked up by Kawasaki until an injury. I raced Todd Bray, and Stormy Gartrel in the Minibike classes. Dad (Gorman Smith) was a fierce competitor in whatever he entered.
b_rogers
2/26/2019 4:11am
Thanks for the reply Layne. I was at the race you speak of, the JC race but I couldn't remember who the national pro was who whooped everybody. For some reason I had Burgetts name in my head. Very cool it was Magoo. I met Phil Reed online a few months ago, nice guy.

For any of you going to Diamond Dons in April, I'll have the bike down there on display so stop by and say hello.

Post a reply to: Tony Wynn, Sam Rogers 77 4 strk national on CCM, anyone have the full results or photos??

The Latest