Throttle Jockey: "Two Kids with a Dream, from Kokomo, Indiana"

DirtBuzz
Edited Date/Time 10/22/2021 9:04am
If anyone is interested in a bit of moto industry history, here is my latest podcast with Matt Davis of Throttle Jockey and Graphics Lab.

Link to Listen >>

|
10/13/2021 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2021 5:52pm
I listened to the podcast yesterday and it was awesome! I grew up racing in Indiana with Robert and Matt, and they honestly are two of the coolest, nicest, down to earth moto dudes you can ever meet! I remember back around 1991 when they told me that they were starting a company called Throttle Jockey, and were going to make their own die-cut numbers and stickers. They asked me if I would be interested in putting them on my bike. From that moment on it was TJ numbers/graphics only, and I have been running them for 30 yrs! I cannot express how proud I am of them, and it is so cool to see a couple of your moto buddies from little Kokomo, Indiana, start a business from out of their parents garage and build it to where they are now! As Matt mentioned, their work ethic, drive and compassion was instilled in them from their amazing parents. This podcast is highly recommended!

This was from the beginning...my '92 KX-250 sporting my first set of TJ die-cut numbers.

In 1993 they came up with a new style of unique number that set them apart, and are still around today.

My '94 Honda CR250...I could keep going all the way to 2021!

Congrats to Robert and Matt for all their success, and their story is very inspirational! I appreciate all the support they have given me over the years and hope they continue to prosper.

DirtBuzz
10/14/2021 9:30am
mxracer106 wrote:
I listened to the podcast yesterday and it was awesome! I grew up racing in Indiana with Robert and Matt, and they honestly are two of...
I listened to the podcast yesterday and it was awesome! I grew up racing in Indiana with Robert and Matt, and they honestly are two of the coolest, nicest, down to earth moto dudes you can ever meet! I remember back around 1991 when they told me that they were starting a company called Throttle Jockey, and were going to make their own die-cut numbers and stickers. They asked me if I would be interested in putting them on my bike. From that moment on it was TJ numbers/graphics only, and I have been running them for 30 yrs! I cannot express how proud I am of them, and it is so cool to see a couple of your moto buddies from little Kokomo, Indiana, start a business from out of their parents garage and build it to where they are now! As Matt mentioned, their work ethic, drive and compassion was instilled in them from their amazing parents. This podcast is highly recommended!

This was from the beginning...my '92 KX-250 sporting my first set of TJ die-cut numbers.

In 1993 they came up with a new style of unique number that set them apart, and are still around today.

My '94 Honda CR250...I could keep going all the way to 2021!

Congrats to Robert and Matt for all their success, and their story is very inspirational! I appreciate all the support they have given me over the years and hope they continue to prosper.

Thanks so much for sharing your backstory and photos. I'm happy you enjoyed the episode!
PN27416
10/14/2021 2:02pm
2 legends in the moto graphics!
hdogg21
Fantasy
1431st
10/21/2021 11:43am Edited Date/Time 10/21/2021 11:45am
Great podcast, enjoyed it very much, highly recommend listening to it if you haven't already!!!

The Shop

DirtBuzz
10/22/2021 9:04am
hdogg21 wrote:
Great podcast, enjoyed it very much, highly recommend listening to it if you haven't already!!!
Thank you for the kind words! It's been a fun project interviewing legends and other interesting people in the industry.

Post a reply to: Throttle Jockey: "Two Kids with a Dream, from Kokomo, Indiana"

The Latest