Strip a DG Pipe

mb60
Anybody ever strip a DG Pipe down to the bare metal ? Not sure what coating they put on those things. Any suggestions on the best way to do them besides sandblasting ?
|
wpark89
8/9/2017 10:57am
I haven't stripped one but I've stripped the paint off several pipes. Rubber gloves, paint stripper and a scotch brite should take that clear coat right off.
mb60
8/9/2017 1:15pm
wpark89 wrote:
I haven't stripped one but I've stripped the paint off several pipes. Rubber gloves, paint stripper and a scotch brite should take that clear coat right...
I haven't stripped one but I've stripped the paint off several pipes. Rubber gloves, paint stripper and a scotch brite should take that clear coat right off.
That's what I'm hoping but they put that clear yellow crap on them that is nearly impossible to strip.
Rocky739
8/10/2017 6:12am
mb60 wrote:
Anybody ever strip a DG Pipe down to the bare metal ? Not sure what coating they put on those things. Any suggestions on the best...
Anybody ever strip a DG Pipe down to the bare metal ? Not sure what coating they put on those things. Any suggestions on the best way to do them besides sandblasting ?
Check in your area for a commercial stripping / sandblast company that dips parts. We have a local one here in Indy called Redi-Strip that does it, the pipes come back perfect inside and out.

Post a reply to: Strip a DG Pipe

The Latest