Stevie Denton

newmann
Check your e-mail please. Thanks!
|
philG
11/2/2016 1:10am
newmann wrote:
Check your e-mail please. Thanks!
He is ill at the moment, has mumps , im sure he will get back to you as soon as he can.
11/2/2016 6:31am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2016 6:31am
Joe, I just sent you an E-mail. Hope it answers your query.

It's apparently REALLY rare for someone to get Mumps twice (I had it when I was little).... Sooooo I've bought some lottery tickets.... If i'm this f**kin "lucky" to get it twice.... I must be on for a win or something as well!! Just gotta be!!

Stevie SickSick

The Shop

philG
11/2/2016 9:16am
Maybe if you win you could buy one of David Coulthard's old helmets
a22
11/2/2016 12:10pm
StevieD113 wrote:
Joe, I just sent you an E-mail. Hope it answers your query. It's apparently REALLY rare for someone to get Mumps twice (I had it when...
Joe, I just sent you an E-mail. Hope it answers your query.

It's apparently REALLY rare for someone to get Mumps twice (I had it when I was little).... Sooooo I've bought some lottery tickets.... If i'm this f**kin "lucky" to get it twice.... I must be on for a win or something as well!! Just gotta be!!

Stevie SickSick
Hey Stevie, me too had it TWICE! Yes, 'they' told me also that is was really rare to get it twice, I got it when I was about 7 years old and then again at aged 10. Yes, aren't we the lucky ones?! Also when I got it the second time, I had some sort of paralysis of the neck muscles, Palsy and 'they' thought it may have been connected to the mumps so even luckier still!
Hope you get well soon and can post more of your fantastic rebuilds/ work.
ATB.
Bearuno
11/2/2016 1:59pm
Things like Mumps and Measels, common childhood illnesses, can be very , very nasty in grown ups.

Weirdly, as a now decrepit old man, I was a very healthy kid - got no childhood illnesses like above, and kept things like tonsils and appendix.

When I started my early / partial retirement, getting into teaching small, and now large human beings, I had to get so many bloody inoculations ( Needles!) , it wasn't funny.

Hope he's OK. Things looked on as basic 'Kids' illnesses, can deliver a hell of a hit as an adult.
11/2/2016 2:48pm
Me in Austria when I had it the first time round. Must have been 5 ish? Yeh... I was dammed cute... all the girls loved me!!!... haha!!

My big ugly fat swollen face at 34...... they'rr not so keen now eh!

Genuinly, thank you all for your concern. I'm doing ok, just feeling a little fuzzy really. The preasure in my face and head is bearable....buy my mouth drier than the Sahara desert with worst taste ever in there... constantly!! Driving me nuts!! Lots of water and paracetamol... i'll be good to go by the end of the week.

Stevie
philG
11/2/2016 3:50pm
if it just came up on one side , would it just be a Mump ?
JPT
11/2/2016 7:59pm
Heard some scary stories about mumps "going down" on adult men. And not in a good way.
wolfy0067
11/3/2016 10:22am
In the states they keep showing a commercial, stating that if you had Mumps that it may lead to Shingles later in life.
Guess you get twice the chance for that also.
a22
11/3/2016 11:35am
It's all good, Mumps twice and now double the chance of Shingles it appears... me too may get a lottery ticket like Stevie! Hey, I may even get it a third time after winning the lottery!

Seriously, just done a google search thingy and is amazing how many sources/ so called experts and saying you cannot get it twice, when I already clearly had it twice as does Stevie, or at least that is what they told me.

I'm sure half these experts are just guessing sometimes and without meaning to sound derogatory to Doctors, to be honest, more than quite a few times I have visited them I have often ended up coming away in a worse condition that I went in there with! Often have had very bad reactions to the meds they have given me also on a fair few occasions.

There again, I'm sure on some occasions they have helped though, so got to take the rough with the smooth I guess.
Beast666
11/3/2016 1:24pm
wolfy0067 wrote:
In the states they keep showing a commercial, stating that if you had Mumps that it may lead to Shingles later in life. Guess you get...
In the states they keep showing a commercial, stating that if you had Mumps that it may lead to Shingles later in life.
Just more big pharma greed IMHO. Also seen lawyers wanting to sue if you get the shingles after getting the vaccine.

Some of these advertisements are down right ridiculous. Talk to your doctor about your poop, do you have a curved penis?
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
11/3/2016 8:48pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2016 8:50pm
Bearuno wrote:
Things like Mumps and Measels, common childhood illnesses, can be very , very nasty in grown ups. Weirdly, as a now decrepit old man, I was...
Things like Mumps and Measels, common childhood illnesses, can be very , very nasty in grown ups.

Weirdly, as a now decrepit old man, I was a very healthy kid - got no childhood illnesses like above, and kept things like tonsils and appendix.

When I started my early / partial retirement, getting into teaching small, and now large human beings, I had to get so many bloody inoculations ( Needles!) , it wasn't funny.

Hope he's OK. Things looked on as basic 'Kids' illnesses, can deliver a hell of a hit as an adult.
Add to that list that is nasty in grown ups, Chicken Pox (shingles, re-activated herpe virus). Ive had shingles, on my face, at 19. Its sucks/sucked.

Mumps in adults can actually be dangerous at times.
MaxPower
11/4/2016 5:08am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2016 5:09am
wolfy0067 wrote:
In the states they keep showing a commercial, stating that if you had Mumps that it may lead to Shingles later in life. Guess you get...
Isnt that Chicken Pox that can lead to Shingles in adult life?

Post a reply to: Stevie Denton

The Latest