Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

6/26/2018 3:53 PM

Pretty rare to find a bike this clean in the northeast. Original front tire, plastics, seat, levers, bars ect, the only parts needed are rotted shock bumper & 2 broken pipe mounts. Anyone have a Pro Circuit or Noleen raw pipe they want to sell?

|

6/26/2018 4:09 PM

I'm no help on part's you need, but that is such a clean and well cared for bike. Congrats sandman!

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

6/26/2018 4:47 PM

ledger wrote:

I'm no help on part's you need, but that is such a clean and well cared for bike. Congrats sandman!

Thanks ledger....The P.O. was a really decent guy, Only a 3 hr drive from my home. I did a very quick clean on it. Drained all fluids, spray pb blaster on all axles/linkage area"s. I will tear it down & rebuild it over the winter. Hopefully someone greased it up at some point! The stock pipe is very nice, 1 small ding, I may just run it. Bike is so clean & original, a pipe is the most I will do to it.

|

6/26/2018 6:49 PM

That’s awesome! Beautiful original survivor.

|

6/26/2018 8:00 PM

Hnnnnnnggggg!!! Love it.

|

6/27/2018 12:30 AM

FUCCCCCK... YES!

|

6/27/2018 2:17 AM

Very nice find Sandman! Finds like that are never heard of here in NZ.

|

6/27/2018 3:48 AM

500crazy wrote:

Very nice find Sandman! Finds like that are never heard of here in NZ.

500crazy: pretty rare in my parts also, most bikes are ridden into the ground. After restoring a few bikes that were hammered, I"m much more selective in my purchases. I have been looking for a mid 90"s YZ for about 2 years!

|

6/27/2018 9:09 AM

Really nice find! I've got a rougher condition little brother to that bike.

|

6/27/2018 10:59 AM

Dang, that thing looks brand new! Was it garage kept? Wow

|

6/27/2018 11:18 AM

I never liked the looks of that generation of YZ when they new, but man that is really SWEET. I would jump all over any kind of find like that.

|

6/27/2018 12:03 PM

burn1986 wrote:

Dang, that thing looks brand new! Was it garage kept? Wow

Yes, garage kept.....I walk away from bikes that have been rotting outside....

|

6/27/2018 12:08 PM

KHI Guy wrote:

I never liked the looks of that generation of YZ when they new, but man that is really SWEET. I would jump all over any kind of find like that.

From 93-98 All I would own was a Honda.....I had friends with the YZ"s, they were reliable bikes for them, but that Honda motor......I just missed a very nice original 92 YZ 250 a month ago, it was a 5 hr drive, I got lazy & it was sold quickly... I was not going to pass this one up....I"m totally into 90"s bikes! The 90"s YZ"s have grown on me....

|

6/27/2018 6:03 PM

Nice find, congrats.

|

6/28/2018 5:14 PM

KHI Guy wrote:

sandman768 wrote:

From 93-98 All I would own was a Honda.....I had friends with the YZ"s, they were reliable bikes for them, but that Honda motor......I just missed a very nice original 92 YZ 250 a month ago, it was a 5 hr drive, I got lazy & it was sold quickly... I was not going to pass this one up....I"m totally into 90"s bikes! The 90"s YZ"s have grown on me....

I love mid 80's to late 90's bikes. For some reason, I have been in a "rescue the survivors" mindset lately.....thinking it is my duty to go out and find the wonderful machines that time has forgotten. Hopefully I will find that Holy Grail someday.
I get excited when I see anything with good condition OE graphics.

The '88-'92 design is by far my favorite YZ250. I have an '88 that's pretty decent, just haven't had the time to go through it. I'd love to make it look like it just rolled off the showroom.

|

6/28/2018 5:27 PM

KHI Guy wrote:

sandman768 wrote:

KHI Guy wrote:

I love mid 80's to late 90's bikes. For some reason, I have been in a "rescue the survivors" mindset lately.....thinking it is my duty to go out and find the wonderful machines that time has forgotten. Hopefully I will find that Holy Grail someday.
I get excited when I see anything with good condition OE graphics.

The '88-'92 design is by far my favorite YZ250. I have an '88 that's pretty decent, just haven't had the time to go through it. I'd love to make it look like it just rolled off the showroom.

I really wanted a 91-92 and just missed a very nice 92 a month a go, it was original & did not last long enough for me to get off my ass & get it....when they are clean & original they go quick....I enjoy the search & rescue part of acquiring them...

|

6/28/2018 5:49 PM

Wow!!! Amazing find!! First 250 I bought new! That will be a fun one.

|

6/28/2018 6:58 PM

I really like those YZs. Nice bike

|

6/28/2018 9:20 PM

wow, nice one! I have the matching 125 as well....

|

6/29/2018 5:41 AM

mxnick wrote:

wow, nice one! I have the matching 125 as well....

Mx nick: I was very close to pulling the trigger on your 89cr125... Maybe you can keep an eye open for a Noleen pipe for this YZ....they appear to be pretty rare.....

|

6/29/2018 8:15 AM

Sweet! there is an all original 93 YZ in my hometown as well available for a very fair price and I just promised the lady no more builds till the kids school starts...Shit! haha beautiful bike man

|

Throwbackmxguy

6/29/2018 9:01 AM

Manbearpig wrote:

Sweet! there is an all original 93 YZ in my hometown as well available for a very fair price and I just promised the lady no more builds till the kids school starts...Shit! haha beautiful bike man

I make no such promises, but I hear you......I find it easier to ask for forgiveness vs asking for permission...

|

6/29/2018 9:21 AM

Manbearpig wrote:

sandman768 wrote:

I make no such promises, but I hear you......I find it easier to ask for forgiveness vs asking for permission...

Haha! You're a brave man. Here's the 93 by me. He wants 1,500.00 obo original owner. Photo

|

Throwbackmxguy

6/29/2018 1:01 PM

Manbearpig wrote:

Haha! You're a brave man. Here's the 93 by me. He wants 1,500.00 obo original owner. Photo

Damn....why can't these ever show up around me? sad

|

6/29/2018 4:03 PM

Manbearpig wrote:

sandman768 wrote:

Manbearpig wrote:

That bike is clean! .....what a deal.....you should see the absolute garbage people are asking 1500.00 for around me....

|

6/29/2018 4:35 PM

sandman768 wrote:

Manbearpig wrote:

sandman768 wrote:

That bike is clean! .....what a deal.....you should see the absolute garbage people are asking 1500.00 for around me....

Once in awhile you can find an original owner here. My 1992 original rm125 I bought for 650.00 haha. I really want that YZ

|

Throwbackmxguy

7/2/2018 3:08 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Rescued just in time, stock air filter starting to rot away.
Standard carb clean. Check jetting. Needle clip was dropped, making bike run too rich, explains the excessive spooge.
Rear wheel bearings rusted/ loose, likely never greased, lucky the axle came out... Hopefully the linkage was greased at some point but not expecting it....good news is the piston looks original & pretty good, no scores on cylinder, reeds look good. Going to leave the top end alone for now. Needed both exhaust brcts. Douched airbox out.
|

7/2/2018 9:08 PM

Nice! I'm still blown away at how good that stock tank looks. I'm pumped for you. Keep us posted

|

Throwbackmxguy

7/3/2018 8:59 PM

Nice find!

manbearpig, don't you have a friend with storage for that bike? Maybe if a friend bought it and he had no room, you could let him keep it at your house. 8-)

|