Spoke with my wallet

mark_swart
At long last....an 86 CR 500!!! Been wanting one forever but didnt want to pay top dollar for some roach. Picked this up for $650, and as a bonus the next day a gold rear rim for it actually popped up on my local Craigslist!
Looks like piston seized at the bridge, water pump was off so I'm guessing the seal went out and they cooked it. Not corroded though.
think with a bore job and a bunch of plastic I'll be in business relatively quickly. Overall not too thrashed, and it was a California bike so it isn't rusty. Anyone have any recommendations on a knowledgeable place to bore it out? I know it is supposed to have a couple reliefs cut over the bridge to aid starting.

Im going to go sit on it in my garage next weekend when Team USA wins at Maggiora : ) !

t

|
sandman768
9/17/2016 3:21pm
Looks like a pretty clean bike to start out with! Nice find... I'm sure you will keep us updated on your progress with photos! I have never ridden one of these open Hondas but I have a friend that was racing
A" class on these & states they were awesome bikes...
9/17/2016 9:35pm Edited Date/Time 9/17/2016 9:36pm
Adam MillAr in Canada or Bill Wallace in San Francisco California for a bore job. You can find both Adam and Bill on Facebook.

Good score on the 500, they are holding good value right now and that one looks easy to get right again.

Post a reply to: Spoke with my wallet

The Latest