Semi factory cr 250 82

9/3/2018 12:38pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2018 3:59pm

|
bad juju
9/3/2018 7:50pm
wonder how close the port specs are to the 85 cr500 that came into production following the r&d of the HRC stuff?
Wandell
9/4/2018 7:07am
Wow! Nice find. Where did you run across this?
9/4/2018 9:20am
Wandell wrote:
Wow! Nice find. Where did you run across this?
Just help a guy to fix it and did notise the stamp , and toght , what a heck is this doing in Sweden ?
SouthwestMfg
9/8/2018 3:55pm
Not 82
84 ? 250 ?
Alan King rode for Suzuki factory in 82-83, 500 National & 250 Supercross
84 would have been on Team TAMM, some HRC stuff may have been supplied to TAMM

The Shop

a22
9/9/2018 6:25am
its Interesting and sort of strange how it may have ended up in Sweden!
Alan King did pretty good in 1984 on Honda I see in the results archives.

I wonder if this engine/ bike even may have got passed to Jorgen Nillson, who is Swedish and was a top GP rider at the time also on a Honda. Not sure what his level of support was with Honda at the time but remember he was fast and often near the front.
Makes me wonder if possibly some of the Honda Teams with some HRC support- as already mentioned may also have shared/ exchanged parts also? Not sure but if this is the case that could be how it found its way to Sweden! Think Nillson was the only Honda rider up front that year and being Swedish also may make some sort of connection.
Got anymore pics of the whole bike?
What a cool find!
12/29/2018 2:47pm
a22 wrote:
its Interesting and sort of strange how it may have ended up in Sweden! Alan King did pretty good in 1984 on Honda I see in...

I wonder if this engine/ bike even may have got passed to Jorgen Nillson, who is Swedish and was a top GP rider at the time also on a Honda. Not sure what his level of support was with Honda at the time but remember he was fast and often near the front.
Makes me wonder if possibly some of the Honda Teams with some HRC support- as already mentioned may also have shared/ exchanged parts also? Not sure but if this is the case that could be how it found its way to Sweden! Think Nillson was the only Honda rider up front that year and being Swedish also may make some sort of connection.
What a cool find!
Intresting why Honda put Alans name on 82 cylinder when all results before Alans Suzuki years was on Maico ?
CDswinehart
12/29/2018 9:28pm
Didn't Jurgen spend a few winters riding in Southern California tuning up for the GP's? Packed home a few spares then?
a22
12/31/2018 12:59pm
a22 wrote:
its Interesting and sort of strange how it may have ended up in Sweden! Alan King did pretty good in 1984 on Honda I see in...

What a cool find!
Intresting why Honda put Alans name on 82 cylinder when all results before Alans Suzuki years was on Maico ?
As said previously.., Alan being on Honda in 84 and Suzuki in 82/83 and Maico in 81. Wouldn't that more likely be an '84 cylinder rather than an '82?
a22
12/31/2018 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2018 1:15pm
Didn't Jurgen spend a few winters riding in Southern California tuning up for the GP's? Packed home a few spares then?
Not sure- could be likely and may explain how the cylinder is in Sweden. Or even if certain Teams may have exchanged parts at all?

Seems strange but interesting how Alan King cylinder has found its way to Sweden! Nice score though for sure.
JMCR250
12/31/2018 3:59pm
It's definitely an '82 CR250. I have one that I bought as a Honda support bike in '82. It's always been exceptionally fast, and last year I was able to compare the porting to an NOS '82 cylinder. The porting on mine is clearly not stock. I've wondered what other little tricks Honda baked into the support bikes. The motor number has an "X" in it that does not appear on other '82 CRs I've examined. Whatever other tricks the motor has or doesn't have, it's a great bike for vintage racing. If you're not at the front on the start, you've made a mistake of some kind.

Post a reply to: Semi factory cr 250 82

The Latest