Retrofying my kx125

Mighty8ies
Hi!

I have a few questions 'd like some help with.

My bike is a kx125 -97 and I have a Kayaba 46mm conventional 1989 fork that I want to put on it.
I don't have any clamps yet, so how would you do?
Do the clamp from a kx125/250-1989 fit on my 97 steeringhead? If so, the problems are easily solved, if not...can I turn some bushings to have between my 97 clamp and the old fork?
I've heard it have been done many times, especially by people who wants the mid 90's conventional Suzuki RM fork on their bikes.

I'm also going to relace my frontwheel...do the 97 kx125 front hub fit on the 1989 fork, thinking about the bushings, center to disc measurements etc.
Would be gold if the 97 wheel and brake caliper fits on the 89 fork, or else I have to buy a 1989 front hub (same spokeset as to my 97 so spokes and rim should be useable anyways) and brakecaliper if I'm right?

I hope I expressed my issues well, and I'd like to take oportunity to say that I'm looking to buy a NOS Renthal all purple anodized handlebar if you might have one, as usual I'll pay good!

Thanks alot for taken time!! /Joakim N
|
Mighty8ies
11/8/2017 4:22am
Hi! That was more than I expected, totally perfect!

Do any one knows if the 97 front wheel will fit the 89 fork or will I have to buy a same year front hub?
RyanLester761
11/8/2017 12:00pm
Mighty8ies wrote:
Hi! That was more than I expected, totally perfect! Do any one knows if the 97 front wheel will fit the 89 fork or will I...
Hi! That was more than I expected, totally perfect!

Do any one knows if the 97 front wheel will fit the 89 fork or will I have to buy a same year front hub?
I know in 1993, Kawasaki upped the front axle size from 20mm to 22mm, or something like that (if I remember correctly)... I assume the axles will be different at the least so you can probably change the bearings to suite. I doubt the front caliper will fit though. Or have you tried it by now?

That said, I am parting out a 1989 kx250 and some parts are on ebay (including front brake assembly) if you need anything. I can ship worldwide. Good luck and let me know if I can help with measurements or anything.
Mighty8ies
11/9/2017 4:37am
Tack TTperra, konverteringkiten var ju underbara, hade ingen aning!

Thanx Ryan, that was very helpful! We could probably do business, what's your username on ebay? Or we could maybe do it over email or something?
I'll need a front axle, front hub, spacers, brakecaliper and tripple clamp!
If you have any of it I'd be interested, and save some shippingmoney too!!

Thanx alot for the help!

The Shop

KDXGarage
12/4/2017 11:59pm
The problem is going to be that your 1989 stem and bearings are going to be for the 1992+ larger upper head tube sized bearings. The bottom might be the same, but you would have to use some shim stock or something to make up the difference on the top bearing (or do a stem swap).

Post a reply to: Retrofying my kx125

The Latest