Registered for REWIND 2018

5/25/2018 9:10am
Look what showed up UPS yesterday....fresh new Dunlops to mount up this weekend on my ‘86 CR-250. I HATE changing tires, but hope the blood, sweat, and tears will be worth premo traction on that Unidilla soil! Starting to get excited about it!
mxrose3
Fantasy
853rd
5/30/2018 10:26am
If I decide to camp at the track, do they have hot showers at Unadilla for the Rewind event?
5/30/2018 4:25pm
mxrose3 wrote:
If I decide to camp at the track, do they have hot showers at Unadilla for the Rewind event?

Yes they do have hot showers. See you in a couple days.
nicko-31
5/30/2018 6:04pm
ibpassngas wrote:

Yes they do have hot showers. See you in a couple days.
That's great news. What class are you racing in Ibpassngas ? Looking forward to being there.

The Shop

DTR830
Fantasy
1131st
6/3/2018 3:08pm
Anyone know the names of the photographers ?
SLOWTIME
6/4/2018 12:37pm
Had a great weekend!

RonJon516
6/4/2018 3:23pm

4/265875/s1200_IMG_7983.jpg" class="img-fluid" />

Had an absolute blast again this year !
Rocky739
6/5/2018 3:04pm
Great weekend!!! Sprained my foot in saturday practice but still a blast!! Be back next year for sure.
See everyone at VMD?
6/5/2018 5:27pm
Was my first Rewind, and had a complete blast too! Was a long drive from Indiana...but Unidilla didn’t disappoint! Was a little nervous when the storm hit Friday night, but was amazed at how little 1.75” of rain affected the track, as it was premo both days. RonJon and his boy were on the gas, and enjoyed watching my fellow Hoosiers Rocky739 and vmx3 (Rory) gettin’ it done! Dreamed of riding there ever since I was a kid...so just checked it off my bucket list!

A few pics from the weekend...

RonJon516
6/6/2018 7:30am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2018 7:32am
mxracer106 wrote:
Was my first Rewind, and had a complete blast too! Was a long drive from Indiana...but Unidilla didn’t disappoint! Was a little nervous when the storm...
Was my first Rewind, and had a complete blast too! Was a long drive from Indiana...but Unidilla didn’t disappoint! Was a little nervous when the storm hit Friday night, but was amazed at how little 1.75” of rain affected the track, as it was premo both days. RonJon and his boy were on the gas, and enjoyed watching my fellow Hoosiers Rocky739 and vmx3 (Rory) gettin’ it done! Dreamed of riding there ever since I was a kid...so just checked it off my bucket list!

Nice pictures! In your 3rd pic, did you double down? I wanted to try that all weekend but couldn't pull the trigger Sad
Next year we need to meet up for some beers !
6/6/2018 6:09pm
mxracer106 wrote:
Was my first Rewind, and had a complete blast too! Was a long drive from Indiana...but Unidilla didn’t disappoint! Was a little nervous when the storm...

RonJon516 wrote:
Nice pictures! In your 3rd pic, did you double down? I wanted to try that all weekend but couldn't pull the trigger :( Next year we...
Nice pictures! In your 3rd pic, did you double down? I wanted to try that all weekend but couldn't pull the trigger Sad
Next year we need to meet up for some beers !
I actually didn’t get to jump it in practice...so did it for the first time in during my first moto. I was coming up a little short...and it was a little sketchy as it was a hard landing, then a nose down rebound to near the bottom of the downside! I finally slowed it down in the next moto so I landed more in the middle...was much smoother! Would be a bigger commitment than I wanted to take 600+ miles from home! Lol! If I decide to come back...might take you up on that beer offer!
BR8ES
6/6/2018 6:39pm
Missed it this year, glad you guys had a great time. Was pretty worried when I heard about the storm, but all went well from it sounds like.
Rocky739
6/6/2018 6:42pm
We should do a vital old school pit area!
Man, I’m impressed on that jump 106!!! I’m scared just looking at the picture!
6/6/2018 7:05pm
Rocky739 wrote:
We should do a vital old school pit area!
Man, I’m impressed on that jump 106!!! I’m scared just looking at the picture!
I like that pit idea Rocky! I was learning the hard way on that jump....now I know now why my wrists and knees are still a little sore! Even with Race-Tech suspension...those old bikes don’t soak it up like the new ones!
Rocky739
6/6/2018 7:11pm
mxracer106 wrote:
I like that pit idea Rocky! I was learning the hard way on that jump....now I know now why my wrists and knees are still a...
I like that pit idea Rocky! I was learning the hard way on that jump....now I know now why my wrists and knees are still a little sore! Even with Race-Tech suspension...those old bikes don’t soak it up like the new ones!
Bwahaa! I’m still walking with a gimpy purple foot from landing the 125 too hard in practice. Was spring shopping last night! I won’t be riding it stock again.
The toofiddy was like a magic carpet in comparison!
Garand1
6/8/2018 5:06pm
LOL you guys........I slid out 1/2 way around the 1st lap of practice on the grass track.........downhill, off camber hair-pin, decided I was going wayyyyy to fast and thought , I either going to blow straight through this corner or I was going to slide out.......I slide out. Adrenaline going big time. I was slower after that. Was an absolute blast though. I'll post a few pictures in a bit. Vital pits sounds fun!!!
MaxPower
6/9/2018 4:53am
I wish they would leave Unadilla alone as far as track changes. The track is famous for how it was.
There's a reason everyone has come back to South Edmonten since the early 70s see real mx. Every other other track has skyshots , doubles and rockers. They are fixing something that isn't broken. If they need to spend money on the track ,scoop up some NY top soil and dump it on the track to replace what was before they allowed amateur racing.
That said, I feel other events could use the Rewind as a model how to hold a race. Every time I've been there for me everything has run flawlessly.
RonJon516
6/9/2018 12:10pm
MaxPower wrote:
I wish they would leave Unadilla alone as far as track changes. The track is famous for how it was. There's a reason everyone has come...
I wish they would leave Unadilla alone as far as track changes. The track is famous for how it was.
There's a reason everyone has come back to South Edmonten since the early 70s see real mx. Every other other track has skyshots , doubles and rockers. They are fixing something that isn't broken. If they need to spend money on the track ,scoop up some NY top soil and dump it on the track to replace what was before they allowed amateur racing.
That said, I feel other events could use the Rewind as a model how to hold a race. Every time I've been there for me everything has run flawlessly.
I agree, keep it old school. Would love to see them keep the tall grass for a national one of these years like they used to. I remember watching practice at the 87 MXDN with 2ft of grass on the track.
Garand1
6/9/2018 2:51pm
I think we all agree though, the event is well run and its a fun ride!!. The 2 events I've been in 2016 & 2018 were truely bucket list events.........something Ive badly wanted to do since the first time I went to a race there in 1980 or 81(leaning toward 81). Met & talked to so many nice people there.

The #80bike is my 1980 CanAm Mx6 400(black & orange plastics) that I rode the 2 Rewinds I been to. The #80c is my 1980 CanAm Mx6 125(white & orange plastics) that I had my best buddy ride this year......His first rewind. He loved the weekend and wants to do it again next year......I told him we'll have to see what we can find him for a bike.
YZ302
6/10/2018 5:55pm
I thought the grass track race on Friday was fun. I would have liked to have raced the 2nd moto but a typhoon decided to hit instead. I didn't ride too well on Saturday but it was still a great weekend.
Garand1
6/10/2018 6:32pm
YZ302 wrote:
I thought the grass track race on Friday was fun. I would have liked to have raced the 2nd moto but a typhoon decided to hit...
I thought the grass track race on Friday was fun. I would have liked to have raced the 2nd moto but a typhoon decided to hit instead. I didn't ride too well on Saturday but it was still a great weekend.
I was Grass Track race #1.....We were out on the track when they called it for lightning.........I saw a yellow flag, looked around didnt see anyone down.......another guy pulled up beside me, we looked at each other, not racing anymore, turned a corner saw a flagman with a red flag and he yelled "LIGHTNING" so headed off the track for the camper. My friend and my brother in law go there 30sec later, we started to drop the pop-up canopy and then my wife and my sister in law ran into the camper, we had just dropped the camper awning and it hit, we couldnt get it rolled up.....the 3 of us guys spent the next 30 or 40 min holding the awning and pop-up from blowing away or being torn off the camper.....I'll bet there were 40 or 50mph gusts. I still had all my gear on, and when it was over there must have been a pint of water out of my boots. Luckily I still had my helmet on, the visor protected my eyes from the driving rain as both hands were holding the awning. Oh, my gosh we were all beat when it was over. I did talk to a lady from Texas who had their awning ripped off their camper and there were bent/destroyed canopy frames all over. So because we were out in the second moto when it was called, they took the standings when it was called and our class didnt race on Sat night.
nicko-31
6/11/2018 2:46am
This is one that was left to die. I did the same as you and just lowered it and held on for life. Mine made it but like you I was soaked.

Post a reply to: Registered for REWIND 2018

The Latest