Burgett

Weil

Hannah

Semics

Noyce

DeCoster chasing down Karsmakers

Weinert, Karsmakers, DeCoster

LaPorte and Eirstedt

Tony D & Howerton (Giving my little brother a headache apparently)

Kevin Z
|
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
4/14/2012 10:42am
Those are great shots. Slides or transparencies. You should get some large resolution scans to DC. As Scottie mentioned, you can do some easy color and contrast corrections to make them look a lot better. They are sharp, and that's the one thing that can't get fixed, so you are way ahead having shot them well back in the day.
TooOldToPlay
4/14/2012 10:52am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2012 11:14am
Those are great shots. Slides or transparencies. You should get some large resolution scans to DC. As Scottie mentioned, you can do some easy color and...
Those are great shots. Slides or transparencies. You should get some large resolution scans to DC. As Scottie mentioned, you can do some easy color and contrast corrections to make them look a lot better. They are sharp, and that's the one thing that can't get fixed, so you are way ahead having shot them well back in the day.
Thanks FTE. I send Davey old photos every now and then for his "archives" in case he wants them as extra shots for future articles. He has always responded in a positive way, and I think he probably enjoys some of them. Some are pretty decent.

The fall TransAma series was not always held in the greatest weather. When you think of Red Bud you usually think of the beautiful track....well. it was not always a pretty place to ride.......

Aberg

Karsmakers

And you can just feel how Tommy Croft must have been feeling in this photo..
JPT
4/14/2012 4:46pm
Great pictures.
mfowler
4/15/2012 7:58pm
Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos.

The Shop

TX24
4/18/2012 10:23am
Very nice.
CR125Honda
4/26/2012 10:21am
Thanks for sharing the pic's! I used to have that Honda jersey.
Raced that track quite a few times way back when.
Still remember the Stairsteps well..
TooOldToPlay
4/26/2012 4:19pm
CR125Honda wrote:
Thanks for sharing the pic's! I used to have that Honda jersey. Raced that track quite a few times way back when. Still remember the Stairsteps...
Nice..I remember "navigating" the steps..not exactly something you would see in todays tracks!

You might like these Red Bud photos from the amateur races as well...I remember the first time I saw Mark Barnett (7A top right on one of the photo pages) ride...I could not believe how fast his corner speed was....

JineTC
4/28/2012 5:40am
Fabulous pics, thanks bunches for sharing them! I really enjoy the inherit nostalgia, it might be called.

One thing I might suggest to consider pertaining to your username- a vidcap from the Fifty Years of Kicks video, featuring a quote of O.W. Holmes:

Please consider yourself never too old!
TooOldToPlay
4/28/2012 7:04am
Thanks! I'm not nearly as concerned about being too old to play as I am about being too old to remember how much fun I've had playing ..haha.
CR125Honda
4/28/2012 4:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2012 6:28am
CR125Honda wrote:
Thanks for sharing the pic's! I used to have that Honda jersey. Raced that track quite a few times way back when. Still remember the Stairsteps...
Nice..I remember "navigating" the steps..not exactly something you would see in todays tracks! You might like these Red Bud photos from the amateur races as well...I...
Nice..I remember "navigating" the steps..not exactly something you would see in todays tracks!

You might like these Red Bud photos from the amateur races as well...I remember the first time I saw Mark Barnett (7A top right on one of the photo pages) ride...I could not believe how fast his corner speed was....

Trying to delete my double post...
JineTC
4/29/2012 4:38am
CR125Honda wrote:
Trying to delete my double post...
Wow, the shock in the last image almost looks likes it's forward-mounted beyond vertical. Hopefully that's just an optical illusion, if not: spa-ringy!

Does anyone recognize what kind of upswept downswept pipe that is?
vet323
4/29/2012 5:55am
Those are awesome shots, Too Old! Thank you`
JPT
5/1/2012 2:06pm
Karsmaker's name doesn't seem to come up as much as some of the other riders of the era, but he was a dominate force in his time.
TooOldToPlay
5/2/2012 8:37am
JPT wrote:
Karsmaker's name doesn't seem to come up as much as some of the other riders of the era, but he was a dominate force in his...
Karsmaker's name doesn't seem to come up as much as some of the other riders of the era, but he was a dominate force in his time.
I agree. I found this article on him that recites his motocross and BMX history. Pretty interesting.

http://www.universityofbmx.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=articl…
JineTC
5/3/2012 2:40am
I agree. I found this article on him that recites his motocross and BMX history. Pretty interesting.

http://www.universityofbmx.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=articl…
Great link, TooOld, I've never seen so many Pierre pics in one place. I liked the one with the caption about his being "populair", with Lackey in the pic, particularly since he made a xenophobe out of Brad.

I was going to mention early on your image of Weil with the Yamaha bicycle in the background. With the full suspension and all it seems it was ahead of its time, witness MTB.
dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
5/7/2012 12:19pm
awesome pics...thanks for posting...i raced bmx at red bud in 78 or 79...it was a hell of a bmx track... all downhill
1/11/2013 7:24pm
I was there man. Grew up 20 min away and went to Red Bud all the time! I remember all the stars; Decoster, Hannah, Pomeroy, Bailey, etc.....In fact, last time I was there (85ish) I saw Duane Bailey (maybe someone else) ride a wheelie around the entire track...he had a small electric motor on the front wheel to keep it spinning - guess that helped. The place went wild!!!!! Thanks for the pics....I can still smell the exhaust and dirt.
BVS40FL
1/12/2013 6:15am
Sounds like "THE WHEELIE KING" Doug Domokis
yzvet426
1/12/2013 2:17pm
Great shots ! yeah had to be Doug Demokis
1/17/2013 4:34pm
I was there man. Grew up 20 min away and went to Red Bud all the time! I remember all the stars; Decoster, Hannah, Pomeroy, Bailey...
I was there man. Grew up 20 min away and went to Red Bud all the time! I remember all the stars; Decoster, Hannah, Pomeroy, Bailey, etc.....In fact, last time I was there (85ish) I saw Duane Bailey (maybe someone else) ride a wheelie around the entire track...he had a small electric motor on the front wheel to keep it spinning - guess that helped. The place went wild!!!!! Thanks for the pics....I can still smell the exhaust and dirt.
The first time I saw Domokos during the Florida Winter-am in 75 I believe it was, there were two other riders with him doing the wheelie routine, Domokos was on a Maico. If memory serves correct, one of the other riders was the Red Bud promoters son from back then, Gene Richey .

Post a reply to: Red Bud TransAm 1976

The Latest