Rebuilding Fox Factory Shox

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2017 11:51 AM

I've run this up before probably, but need some guidance. Have a set of Fox Factory Shox piggybacks that need a rebuild. I am a bit paranoid sending them off the Thor given some of the delay and cost stories, but probably more because I had an airshock from a set go missing when someone (not thor) promised a shaft repair and flaked.

Anywaze, I am going to do them myself. There is not a piggyback specific manual, however, although Thor has some pointers for the piggyback reservoir. Curious if anyone who's had his mitts dirty doing one of these that can offer some guidance, I gather the trick is in position the piston in the reservoir on assembly.

Any guidance much appreciated.

|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

10/2/2017 8:19 PM

I think Kenny and Hubbard both have rebuilt those. You have contact info for Rick Horvat in Ohio? He rebuilt a set of remote reservoir Fox's for me probably 20 years ago. Good job and fairly quick turnaround. Also check with Steve Sage at Sage Suspension in Arvada, Co. He has done a few sets of different shocks for my brother and I over the years.

|

10/2/2017 9:33 PM

A buddy of mine recently got some Fox Shocks with remote reservoirs back from "Thor". Thor had them for over a year to rebuild and never got to them. That's BULL SHIT! Don't tell people you can rebuild their shocks and then do nothing on them for over a year.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

10/3/2017 10:48 AM

Rick Horvat!

|

10/3/2017 4:29 PM

Thanks all!

|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

10/4/2017 6:55 AM

FTE - I can get you help or do the work locally. You have my email (I think) or pm if you need and I'll get you some info.

|

Paul Swinney - Part time Euro-Cycles..... Ah, the good stuff

10/4/2017 1:05 PM

Thor has done two sets for me this year in the promised 4-6 week time frame. Happy with both.

|

green green green and more green!

10/4/2017 1:23 PM

It was some years ago as a Road Rep I stopped into a shop in Martinsburg WV that specialized in Husqvarnas and was the Ohlins vintage rebuild center. I would try and give them a call

|