RELAX & WIN Anyone got a copy?

1/6/2018 2:49pm
Has anyone still got a copy of the audio cassette RELAX AND WIN advertized with David Bailey? l know many riders looking for it, could be high demand if a copy could be burned?

Regards, John.
|
sandman768
1/6/2018 6:51pm
The R.A.W Method? I used to listen to it before riding, the monotone voice would lull me to sleep every time ...did my brain take in the subliminal message? Nope...I still sucked....but was well rested....
JustMX
1/7/2018 6:08am
sandman768 wrote:
The R.A.W Method? I used to listen to it before riding, the monotone voice would lull me to sleep every time ...did my brain take in...
The R.A.W Method? I used to listen to it before riding, the monotone voice would lull me to sleep every time ...did my brain take in the subliminal message? Nope...I still sucked....but was well rested....
X2
I bought it because I could never get a good start and hoped it would help. Did help me not be so tense, but that might have also just been more experience racing.

Lent it to an up and coming pro rider and he never returned it.
maicocd
1/8/2018 8:16am
sandman768 wrote:
The R.A.W Method? I used to listen to it before riding, the monotone voice would lull me to sleep every time ...did my brain take in...
Yes...!!! Too Funny!!!

I had the same results.

I don't think I ever heard the tape all the way through. It was however, a tremendous sleeping aid that would give Simply Sleep pills or for that matter-- even Ambian a run for its money!!

I was young and dumb enough to think it would unleash some unlimited motocross potential that was simply laying dormant inside me. For a brief period I think that I was also convinced that if I could stay awake all the way through that droning and hypnotic voice that the keys to unlock my inner motocross stardom were mine for the taking.

I did, however, sadly come to one of life's realities that simply listening to a tape wasn't going to probably land me a factory ride.

I do have to say it was pure marketing genius for whoever came out with these tapes, as I was fast handing over some of my school lunch money!!
It was just like the tried and true "medicine man" from the late 1800's selling magical elixirs to cure your various ailment...
"Hey you-- wanna go faster...??? ...then just listen to this!!! "
MaxPower
1/10/2018 9:29am
did you get my Pm John Superbike? The pm here are like old RM stators as it doesn't always work.
if you didn't then email me
64maxpower@gmail.com

The Shop

Since73
1/10/2018 2:24pm
I actually listened to that tape back in the day, but certainly not every single evening like I believe it suggested. I remember it being too long/boring to sit through with any regularity. It would fail even quicker with today's "8 second social media" attention spans.

Did it help? That's the beauty of the idea, you couldn't prove or disprove its effectiveness! If anyone complained, the creator could say "oh, and can you PROVE it's NOT working for you?" Haha, someone who's probably in politics now.

Having said all that, I had one of my most consistent and successful runs in motocross while listening to it, so...
coincidence? Who knows.

shue415
1/10/2018 2:57pm
I would buy a copy if someone has one
I had one back in the day,I thought it helped
lumpy790
1/11/2018 5:56am
shue415 wrote:
I would buy a copy if someone has one
I had one back in the day,I thought it helped
Ditto

Post a reply to: RELAX & WIN Anyone got a copy?

The Latest