Project: Stripped Screw Removal Suggestions!!

Anonymous (not verified)
Have a 1982 KZ 440 LTD Belt Drive. Changing the carb boots I managed to strip one of the original JIS screws. It has 36 years of rust/oxidation on the threads and has not been taking to tapping / liquid wrench / vampliers... Any idea on how to get it out?

|
3/5/2019 10:21pm
Anonymous wrote:
Have a 1982 KZ 440 LTD Belt Drive. Changing the carb boots I managed to strip one of the original JIS screws. It has 36 years...
Have a 1982 KZ 440 LTD Belt Drive. Changing the carb boots I managed to strip one of the original JIS screws. It has 36 years of rust/oxidation on the threads and has not been taking to tapping / liquid wrench / vampliers... Any idea on how to get it out?

Left handed drill bit
3/5/2019 10:23pm
Anonymous wrote:
Have a 1982 KZ 440 LTD Belt Drive. Changing the carb boots I managed to strip one of the original JIS screws. It has 36 years...

Left handed drill bit
You should be able to find them at lowes or home depot just be careful not to hit the inside wall threads. Spray it with wd40 and let it soak for a couple of days with each day spraying more and use oil when drilling should do the the trick for ya if I may ask what is the bolt thickness
3/5/2019 10:26pm
Anonymous wrote:

Left handed drill bit
You should be able to find them at lowes or home depot just be careful not to hit the inside wall threads. Spray it with wd40...
You should be able to find them at lowes or home depot just be careful not to hit the inside wall threads. Spray it with wd40 and let it soak for a couple of days with each day spraying more and use oil when drilling should do the the trick for ya if I may ask what is the bolt thickness
Your gonna want to go a couple sizes smaller than the bolt thickness for example if it's a 1/4 " bolt your gonna want to use a 1/8" left handed drill bit. Even with an easy out you will still have to drill the center. Be careful not to go to far down either. Could cause serious problems. Measure the other bolts and get an idea of how far done you can get away with.good luck man

Post a reply to: Project: Stripped Screw Removal Suggestions!!

The Latest