Works (unfinished) pipes for vintage/evo bikes

Edited Date/Time 6/3/2015 9:35pm
Have any of you had much luck in getting Pro Circuit make a works pipe for an older bike? If not are there any options for getting works pipes made for our vintage/evo scoots? Bike in question is my 89 kx 125.
|
wolfy0067
5/18/2015 1:19pm
Check out DEP they are into vintage pipes or Dyno Port the last option keep an eye on Ebay.

Moto Mofo
5/18/2015 1:34pm
Have any of you had much luck in getting Pro Circuit make a works pipe for an older bike? If not are there any options for...
Have any of you had much luck in getting Pro Circuit make a works pipe for an older bike? If not are there any options for getting works pipes made for our vintage/evo scoots? Bike in question is my 89 kx 125.
Love to see what kind of response you get to this topic. I've called PC several times trying to order works pipes for my '96 CR125 and CR250, only to be told "no longer available" by the mouth breathers that answer the phone. Others have reported having better luck when trying to order the same items, though.
newmann
5/18/2015 1:57pm
Have any of you had much luck in getting Pro Circuit make a works pipe for an older bike? If not are there any options for...
Moto Mofo wrote:
Love to see what kind of response you get to this topic. I've called PC several times trying to order works pipes for my '96 CR125...
Love to see what kind of response you get to this topic. I've called PC several times trying to order works pipes for my '96 CR125 and CR250, only to be told "no longer available" by the mouth breathers that answer the phone. Others have reported having better luck when trying to order the same items, though.
They have had some dumbphucks manning the counter over the years. You would swear some of these companies could care less about selling parts people want, rather just selling what's currently on the shelf and fuck all else.

I have seen on occasion where someone has mentioned PC remaking some pipes in limited batches. Don't expect them to make just one though, I guess. Not sure who you would have to talk to either.
englishman
5/18/2015 1:59pm
Contact DocWobs in the UK he just bought a ton of old PC pipes and possibly has what you need.

The Shop

5/18/2015 2:13pm
The difference between a late PC pipe for a CR125 and the early ones is the bend is lower to clear the lower radiator on an Alu framed bike. They fit onto the steel framed HPP bikes.

The 98/99 125 pipe needs the bracket By the brake pedal relocating.
5/18/2015 2:17pm
DEP are only about 5 miles down the road from me.
From past experience, you're better off ordering their stuff through a dealer than going direct. It'll cost you less.
5/18/2015 3:30pm
How do DEP pipes compare to PC on the dyno?
The standing joke is that DEP is Derek's Emergency Plumbers.

Not the finest build (but not bad at all) , but do make the best power.
Typically because they appear to dyno everyone's pipe, then copy the best one.

My '91 DEP on my Honda is a dead ringer dimensionally for a '90 OEM pipe
wolfy0067
5/18/2015 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2015 4:35pm
I have to disagree I have PC dep FMF dtno port popes for my 89 cr and the dep works real good, PC all top end hard to get off the corners, FMF pretty good all around dtno port real good lots top end just enough low end. Alway went back to the DEP. This bike is unbeaten in expert vet racing in the NE
captmoto
5/18/2015 7:56pm
newmann wrote:
They have had some dumbphucks manning the counter over the years. You would swear some of these companies could care less about selling parts people want...
They have had some dumbphucks manning the counter over the years. You would swear some of these companies could care less about selling parts people want, rather just selling what's currently on the shelf and fuck all else.

I have seen on occasion where someone has mentioned PC remaking some pipes in limited batches. Don't expect them to make just one though, I guess. Not sure who you would have to talk to either.
And don't bitch about the price if they do a limited run. Just pony up.
5/19/2015 12:58am
wolfy0067 wrote:
I have to disagree I have PC dep FMF dtno port popes for my 89 cr and the dep works real good, PC all top end...
I have to disagree I have PC dep FMF dtno port popes for my 89 cr and the dep works real good, PC all top end hard to get off the corners, FMF pretty good all around dtno port real good lots top end just enough low end. Alway went back to the DEP. This bike is unbeaten in expert vet racing in the NE
You're actually agreeing with me. You must've mis-read my post.
DEP have an on-site dyno. They test all the pipes, then copy the best one, making minor tweaks. It's why they always make the best power on a stock motor.

I have one on my '91 CR125 and it hauls.
I also have a PC works pipe to go on, but don't expect any improvement.
wolfy0067
5/19/2015 2:48am
Copy that, PC pipe goes just harder to make go fast
5/19/2015 6:13am
As long as it's there, or thereabouts.

I can lose a couple of hp because it's so much nicer to look at. The bike only gets raced in XC's so is up against 450's. Wasn't fair to begin with.
vmx3
5/20/2015 12:56pm
Last year I ordered a 1998 KX125 PC pipe from Pro Circuit and a works '89 pipe showed up by mistake, I sent it back and they sent me what I needed instead but that would tell me that they have them in stock.
kelroy_leon
5/20/2015 1:21pm
I have been in contact with PC about a works pipe for my '95 CR250. There are standing orders but I believe he said that they need 9 more orders to make a run of pipes. I speak with Mark Hall when I call about the exhaust pipes.
5/20/2015 7:56pm
vmx3 wrote:
Last year I ordered a 1998 KX125 PC pipe from Pro Circuit and a works '89 pipe showed up by mistake, I sent it back and...
Last year I ordered a 1998 KX125 PC pipe from Pro Circuit and a works '89 pipe showed up by mistake, I sent it back and they sent me what I needed instead but that would tell me that they have them in stock.
Apparently all old stock was sold to Doc Wobs in the UK recently. They informed me that they do not have a 89 kx 125 pipe, so whatever was sent back to them on your order is gone.
BM255
5/23/2015 7:43pm
englishman wrote:
Contact DocWobs in the UK he just bought a ton of old PC pipes and possibly has what you need.

I had all but given up trying to find a works pipe for my 90 kx250, then saw Doc Wob had a new one for sale on Ebay, so I snapped it up immediately.

These things are like gold now
BM255
5/23/2015 7:54pm
Apparently all old stock was sold to Doc Wobs in the UK recently. They informed me that they do not have a 89 kx 125 pipe...
Apparently all old stock was sold to Doc Wobs in the UK recently. They informed me that they do not have a 89 kx 125 pipe, so whatever was sent back to them on your order is gone.
If all old stock was sold to Doc Wob recently, I can only assume that the 90 kx250 pipe I just bought from him was in that shipment. I visited PC in January and the dipshit behind the counter was adamant they had none in stock, of course he didn't physically go out the back and check.....that would require making an effort and giving a shit.
I've just spent the past 4 months searching and had to pay through the nose for one when PC could have just sold me one in the first place.
mgtkr1
5/24/2015 4:47am
doc wob usually has some nice nla stuff from the golden era
5/25/2015 3:28am
Doc Wob's prices are pretty keen for what we pay over here in the UK.
The exchange rate means we get a great deal when buying from the U.S. but unfortunately you guys get screwed when buying from us.
Over here, everything's twice the price, and we can't ride anywhere for free.
Sometimes I wonder how I can even afford to run 2 dirtbikes, but there's always the motivation to find the money.
5/25/2015 5:52am
> everything's twice the price, and we can't ride anywhere for free.

Welcome to America.
Jack mehoff
6/1/2015 10:04pm
Get a dyno port they make great pipes
Jack mehoff
6/1/2015 10:04pm
I have been in contact with PC about a works pipe for my '95 CR250. There are standing orders but I believe he said that they...
I have been in contact with PC about a works pipe for my '95 CR250. There are standing orders but I believe he said that they need 9 more orders to make a run of pipes. I speak with Mark Hall when I call about the exhaust pipes.
Dyno port will have it
6/2/2015 1:18pm
I contacted Dynoport today to ask about a pipe for my 89 KX125.

> Hi, sorry web not updated. Part number ko288 is the plain factory finish 259.95. A true works pipe is $899.95 but we can weld around the ko288 to give the works look and price is 359.95.

Chayzed Pilot
6/3/2015 2:14pm
Dave Miller is advertising building older bike pipes on Mark's Swapmeet. He would be a good option.
6/3/2015 9:35pm
Dave Miller is advertising building older bike pipes on Mark's Swapmeet. He would be a good option.
ohh a DMC pipe would be rad.

Post a reply to: Works (unfinished) pipes for vintage/evo bikes

The Latest