Original color code for a 60’s CZ twinport tank - red / orange ish?

HEW177
Edited Date/Time 2/24/2019 11:27pm
Hi,

Hope someone can help - just restoring some old CZ’s and the tank color looks wrong, by any chance does any one know the original color code for the redishy / orange color?

Many thanks,

Russ
|
txjcfsr
2/11/2019 12:23am
I have a can of the original color red for the twin pipe CZs. I was mixed for me about 3 years ago. Not sure how quick you are needing the info, but in a couple of weeks I could take it for a color analysis and send you the mixture.

I assume that paint stores can take a sample, scan it and get the mixture of colors.

There seemed to be two reds for the twin pipe. A semi-dark red and the orangish red. I have twin pipe tanks with both colors.

I think I also have the correct cream color for the fenders. I have several twin pipes in different stages of restoration.
HEW177
2/16/2019 3:12pm
Thank you for the replies!

Txjcfsf - Thank you for the offer but please don’t go to that much trouble, i’m sure I will be able to find the code..

If you or anyone knows volume of oil for the forks would also be very helpful - either capacity or measurement from stantion top..?
Also what would you use to seal the fiberglass tank?

Many thanks again

Regards

Russ

Post a reply to: Original color code for a 60’s CZ twinport tank - red / orange ish?

The Latest