Old school MX reunion, top riders from fla, 70s and 80s

Edited Date/Time 11/22/2012 3:16pm
Some Freinds of Monte Mccoy, are going to have a reunion at Sunshine Speedway MX,Nov 17th, all fla mx riders from the early 70s thru the early 80s are invited,some guys expected to be there include, Steve Martin, Mark Murphy, Joe Cartier, Monte Hoge, possible Karl Jordan, the Wood Brothers, Todd hempstead, Greg Ferrell, hopefully Ronnie Tichoner and Kenny keylon, its going to be a practice day, so bring a bike and gear, 10$ to get in , and there having food with it..Cool
|
10/31/2012 1:13am
Thanks Larry. Will be sure to make it out there that day. Might even turn a lap on the old 125.
11/8/2012 3:34pm
splime 738 wrote:
Nice Yam what year is it
76 MX125C . Have owned it since new. Just finished the spruce up a month or so ago. It has not looked this good in many years. Runs good.

The Shop

11/9/2012 9:47pm
Nice bike Doug, and it will be cool to see that bike up close, see you next week.
Don't look too close, Larry. Some things are marginal, as the parts are just not abundant for this bike.

What time are things getting underway ? Saturday, the 17th , right ?
11/10/2012 12:20pm
Nice bike Doug, and it will be cool to see that bike up close, see you next week.
Don't look too close, Larry. Some things are marginal, as the parts are just not abundant for this bike. What time are things getting underway...
Don't look too close, Larry. Some things are marginal, as the parts are just not abundant for this bike.

What time are things getting underway ? Saturday, the 17th , right ?
,,, Yep its the 17th,,,10 am to 12,, ride,,, 12 -200pm reunion,, should be a blast, seeing guys i havent seen since early 80s !! Not sure if im going to ride or not, my riding gear is in storage, but Buzzy offered to let me ride his Honda 450, may have to work boots, jeans and borrowed helmet it lol,
11/17/2012 3:50pm Edited Date/Time 11/17/2012 3:54pm
Had a great time today. Ran into several old MX racing pals, met a few of the the top riders that are still around from the 70's Florida moto scene.

The most fun for me , though, was as a crowd of about 15-20 stood there to hear the old 125 run, it promptly fouled a plug, and the snake oil show was over.

Must have been stage fright, as a new plug had it running in a minute.
11/17/2012 4:35pm
Had a great time today. Ran into several old MX racing pals, met a few of the the top riders that are still around from the...
Had a great time today. Ran into several old MX racing pals, met a few of the the top riders that are still around from the 70's Florida moto scene.

The most fun for me , though, was as a crowd of about 15-20 stood there to hear the old 125 run, it promptly fouled a plug, and the snake oil show was over.

Must have been stage fright, as a new plug had it running in a minute.
Same here Doug, had a great time, seen people havent seen in 20 + yrs, i missed it when you started your bike, ( the mrs was ready to leave) but your bike was awesome, me and Cartier was admiring it...
BVS40FL
11/18/2012 4:43am
It was neat seeing the same guys that I used to look up to then that still ride today.
Also very good to see that Bill West is still around.
It was hard to recognize most of the guys but..... Steve Martin was an easy one.
Hope we do this again next year
humyam1u
11/22/2012 3:16pm
Some Freinds of Monte Mccoy, are going to have a reunion at Sunshine Speedway MX,Nov 17th, all fla mx riders from the early 70s thru the...
Some Freinds of Monte Mccoy, are going to have a reunion at Sunshine Speedway MX,Nov 17th, all fla mx riders from the early 70s thru the early 80s are invited,some guys expected to be there include, Steve Martin, Mark Murphy, Joe Cartier, Monte Hoge, possible Karl Jordan, the Wood Brothers, Todd hempstead, Greg Ferrell, hopefully Ronnie Tichoner and Kenny keylon, its going to be a practice day, so bring a bike and gear, 10$ to get in , and there having food with it..Cool
Jeff Hope, Kippy Pierce.
Mikkola Fan
1/31/2017 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2017 1:55pm
My Mind Is Really Blown! So many names from my past! Who are you guys?

Post a reply to: Old school MX reunion, top riders from fla, 70s and 80s

The Latest