Not !!!!

BVS40FL
10/18/2014 9:44am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 2:39pm
We had Yamaha dirt days at St Pete but.... ... something tells me that photo ain't even Florida . http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Motocross-Racers-at-Dirt-Days-Sunshine-Spe…
|
10/19/2014 7:38am
Dennis, I rode the Motobike races they held during Dirt Days at Sunshine. They were held in a little, flat lot across from the big sweeper turn that went around the pond just after the start area, not far from the drag strip tower.

All of the jumps were made of wood, A- framed structures. Yamaha brought them , along with a semi load of bicycles.

At the end of the weekend, there was a pile of thrashed Motobikes laying next to the semi trailer. Broken three piece cranks, busted shocks, taco'd wheels. When one broke, they just wheeled another new one out of the trailer.

I can assure you, that there was no jump like the one in your link at Sunshine / Dirt Days in '74.

It was a flat grass field, with about 8-10 of the four foot high wooden jumps.

What a cool event , though. Rode a ton of bikes that weekend. Karsmakers, Hart doing the MX schools.
I believe there were on 10- 12 Dirt Days events nationwide that year, and we were lucky enough to get one here.
10/19/2014 7:45am
Dennis, you free next Saturday night ? Dirt Devils has been holding a few SDTA flat track races there this year. They are pretty decent events. Usually 80-100 rider turnouts. Saturday , October 25th is the next one.

They are having open practice today from 12:00 - 4:00 pm.

BVS40FL
10/20/2014 2:39pm
Would definitely like doing that but it would have to be later . I work Thurs, Fri. and Sat . during the month of October at Busch Gardens Howl -O-Scream . (Vcar race ) on Facebook .

Post a reply to: Not !!!!

The Latest