Newer, wider footpegs for KX500

Related:
Create New Tag

1/15/2018 8:16 AM


While we're at it...how about something better than IMS' offering for the Jolly Green Giant?

Yes, I'm aware that Collier had a modified pair of Torc1 YZ pegs on his KX500, but he's currently running the IMS Core pegs, which are only 1mm wider than the IMS Pro Series pegs that I'm running.

From what I gather, the YZ pegs didn't fit exactly square/true in the mounts, sort of tilted in a couple ways.

And I'm also aware that Gwiz guy in Europe who has taken Raptor CRF pegs and made them work for a KX500, but I can't seem to get him to respond to my emails.

Does anyone else have any info of pegs that may fit with minimal fabrication?

Thank you!
|

Do It In The Dirt!

1/15/2018 10:15 AM

Emgo are cheap steel pegs that look like PC pegs if you want to try those. I have a set on my early 90s kx125s. They are wide enough, but keep in mind they are cheap. I'm not sure the tolerances are very tight- meaning they could have a little slop.

|

1/15/2018 11:19 AM

RyanLester761 wrote:

Emgo are cheap steel pegs that look like PC pegs if you want to try those. I have a set on my early 90s kx125s. They are wide enough, but keep in mind they are cheap. I'm not sure the tolerances are very tight- meaning they could have a little slop.

Photo

Thank you. Looks like those are what Doc Wob put on Emig's Vet MXdN K5?!!
|

Do It In The Dirt!

1/15/2018 11:54 AM

What model forks are on that Emig bike?

|

1/15/2018 12:08 PM

Joko wrote:

What model forks are on that Emig bike?


Looks like some late 90's KX250 A-kit stuff?

Putting 2014 KYB SSS forks on my K5.
|

Do It In The Dirt!

1/15/2018 3:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2018 8:26 AM

Zeke27G wrote: Photo

Thank you. Looks like those are what Doc Wob put on Emig's Vet MXdN K5?!!

Good eye! Those DO look like the Emgo pegs.

Best of luck. Keep us posted on your bike. I just got my 1992 kx500 into position (in my garage) to go through it a bit too. SSS forks sound like a great idea! I won't be so lucky- maybe in the future.

|

1/15/2018 5:16 PM

Joko wrote:

What model forks are on that Emig bike?

Zeke27G wrote:
Looks like some late 90's KX250 A-kit stuff?

Putting 2014 KYB SSS forks on my K5.

I was considering SSS on my KX5, but the o/a lengths seemed a bit off. What are you using for 3ple clamps?

|

1/15/2018 5:25 PM

|

1/15/2018 7:30 PM

Joko wrote:

What model forks are on that Emig bike?

Zeke27G wrote:
Looks like some late 90's KX250 A-kit stuff?

Putting 2014 KYB SSS forks on my K5.

Joko wrote:

I was considering SSS on my KX5, but the o/a lengths seemed a bit off. What are you using for 3ple clamps?

Bought a pair of 2014 YZ250F forks, they slip right into to stock KX500 triples and they are the same length!

|

Do It In The Dirt!

1/15/2018 7:31 PM

Joko wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112756746640
Factory KX500 forks

Oh man, those would be too cool!! Financing available?!

|

Do It In The Dirt!

1/16/2018 7:24 AM

Zeke, not sure what year K5 you have but if you use the same factory pegs as the early 90's KX/KDX you can try looking up KDX options. I'm looking into options now too, I heard the 03+ pegs fit with minor fab work. I'll have to try one off my kids 125.

|

04 KX125
94 KX250SM
75 Z1-900

1/22/2018 2:14 PM

Kidkawie wrote:

Zeke, not sure what year K5 you have but if you use the same factory pegs as the early 90's KX/KDX you can try looking up KDX options. I'm looking into options now too, I heard the 03+ pegs fit with minor fab work. I'll have to try one off my kids 125.


My K5 is a 2003.

Thanks for that info, I'll look into that!
|

Do It In The Dirt!

2/21/2018 2:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2018 2:14 PM


Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Had my local shop order a pair of these IMS core pegs with "standard" teeth. They offer a sharp version, but I can't afford new boots every month. The biggest thing for me is, they are 53.8mm wide, which is almost 5mm wider than the IMS Pro Series pegs.

Only issue was, they came without a hole drilled for the foot peg spring. Wasn't too big of a deal, bought a 5/32" HSS drill bit and made my own spring hole.

Have tested them at a couple races and a practice day and I am pretty well satisfied, plenty of grip and the widest platform out there. 4 out of 5 stars!

Just thought I'd share that info.

Cheers!







|

Do It In The Dirt!