Never selling but curious about price...

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2018 1:13 AM

I inherited my dad’s 1972 CZ 250. It’s yellow with that porcupine looking head. I’m writing this from memory because I don’t have the paperwork in front of me at the moment. He raced professionally in late 60’s early 70’s. The factory sent him a new bike every season from Europe in a crate ( I do have the original bill of lading). To get a new one every year he had to return the previous one. When he retired he kept the last one (72?). He left it in the crate until about 2006. He put it together and hung it on the wall in his living room. It’s never even had gas in the tank and has never been outside. Any idea on it’s value?

|

7/15/2018 4:14 AM

I can't answer the price question. But it would be nice to see some quality photos of your new CZ. Who is your dad? When and where did he race?

|

7/18/2018 1:57 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

7/18/2018 4:06 PM

I thought the “taxi cab’s” were ‘71’s. Many of my buddies rode them back when they were new that year. My little Kawasaki Centurion 100 could easily stay with the CZ 125’s. I always wanted this year 250 as a kid and I’d love to own one now. Not a fan of the cut head though but it would do I guess. Nice bike for sure.

|