Need Help - 1976 RM Chain Slack?

mark_swart
Can someone tell me what the chain slack should be on a 1976 RM 125? Thanks!
|
Paw Paw 271
3/25/2017 2:44pm
I use 3 fingers under the chain on top of the swing arm aligned with the front of the rear wheel.

Paw Paw
jpracer931
3/25/2017 4:55pm
Undo your shocks or take them off,then use a tiedown strap over your seat connected to your swingarm and hold your rear wheel where your axle,swingarm pivot and countershaft sproket bolt are all in line,that will be the tightest your chain will get in your suspension travel,then just snug your chain up and put everything back together and measure your chain slack at a point along the swingarm and measure the same spot everytime

mark_swart
3/26/2017 7:23am
jpracer931 wrote:
Undo your shocks or take them off,then use a tiedown strap over your seat connected to your swingarm and hold your rear wheel where your axle,swingarm...
Undo your shocks or take them off,then use a tiedown strap over your seat connected to your swingarm and hold your rear wheel where your axle,swingarm pivot and countershaft sproket bolt are all in line,that will be the tightest your chain will get in your suspension travel,then just snug your chain up and put everything back together and measure your chain slack at a point along the swingarm and measure the same spot everytime

Thanks -- so should I give it maybe 1/2 inch of freeplay at the tightest point in the arc?

Post a reply to: Need Help - 1976 RM Chain Slack?

The Latest