Mid Ohio

MaxPower
Anyone going to Mid Ohio. Ill be there with #64 on the side of my KX and black Honda Fit maybe riding a Klein MTB.
Im the old man with the backwards hat. If you see me
|
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
7/5/2018 12:17pm
I'm in. #31 on a 1983 CR 250. 50+ and 40+ intermediate.
MaxPower
7/10/2018 11:29am
Mid Ohio was sick. Its as if they didn't allow you in unless there were at least 2 pitbikes on your trailer. It was pit bike mania. The most exciting part of the weekend was the boot leg grass track oval pit bike races. If you had a t shirt on that was the only prorection most wore. I can't imagine it being like that again next year. It was out of control.
Loved the event. Ill go again. Only im sleeping in a hotel
ohiomotoxer
7/10/2018 3:58pm
There used to be the mechanics pit bike races at the usgp track back in the 70’s not more than a few mikes from where you were.
Sat nites at the gp track mid ohio were insane. One year in the rain they had a van oval race in the muddy grass. Fiberglass flares were strewn all about the oval.
Ah the good ol days

The Shop

7/10/2018 10:06pm
MaxPower wrote:
Mid Ohio was sick. Its as if they didn't allow you in unless there were at least 2 pitbikes on your trailer. It was pit bike...
Mid Ohio was sick. Its as if they didn't allow you in unless there were at least 2 pitbikes on your trailer. It was pit bike mania. The most exciting part of the weekend was the boot leg grass track oval pit bike races. If you had a t shirt on that was the only prorection most wore. I can't imagine it being like that again next year. It was out of control.
I said the same thing, it was like the Wild Wild West. Absolutely everything went, it was crazy. I had a good time though and will go again.
wfopete
7/11/2018 3:19am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2018 3:23am
My first time at Mid-Ohio. I raced the XC Saturday and EV2 Sunday. I could do without the "modern" bike classes, after all it is billed as a vintage event.

I always will stay "off site"; too much crazyness 24/7.

I call it "The Woodstock of Vintage Bike Gatherings".
OldPro277
7/11/2018 8:43am
Mid Ohio was absolutely a blast !! I actually think last year was wilder than this year. At least this year they were forcing you to have front and rear lights on any pit bike/golf cart that was being used after dark. And the out of control partying was definitely a little quieter this year. We all slept fine in the motor homes. We were parked in the Moto pits between the gate and first turn. Perfect spot. 100 feet from registration and the podium presentation.
I know the AMA gets a lot of grief on here (looking at you Newmann ,lol) but this event is so well run its hard to imagine that its possible to have a better organized event that sees 40,000 + people (containing probably a 30% semi-drunk audience) The moto track was a perfect VINTAGE layout, fast sweepers, fun jumps ,rutted ,bumpy turns. The new Pro gate they installed this year was a great move, reduced the amount of split gates for a single class. Up till this year, they used a 16 man gate which made things run a little longer. This year I believe we were done racing by 3:00-3:30 both days.
The holeshot challenge was a blast as well. I think I was the only 125 (my son in laws bike) in the event but I made it past the first round against a YZ250 and narrowly (6") lost against a 465 in the second round. Darryn Durham flew in from the left coast and I let him use my '80 Hannah YZ250 for the challenge and he brought home the gold. I should have made him use the 125 and rode my own 250 to square things up a little lol !!!

Pete, the Modern 2 stroke class was only 2 motos each day so it wasn't terribly annoying, but I hear what you're saying, I wouldn't want that to catch on too much and the AMA feeling the need to add more classes.
MXVet261
Fantasy
4078th
7/11/2018 12:00pm
Always a good time. First year in a decade that I didn't race anything. Sponsored 4 bikes to race on Sunday and just hung out and sold stuff.

Only even of the year that I go through multiple tanks of gas on the Zuma!
Rocky739
7/11/2018 4:01pm
MaxPower wrote:
Mid Ohio was sick. Its as if they didn't allow you in unless there were at least 2 pitbikes on your trailer. It was pit bike...
It's always like that!
Got to wax the outlaw pit bike races on my nephews "tame Z50" that's actually a 150cc hopped up.
He only went to race the official pit bike race on his "hot" pit bike and got third in the 150cc? class.
I almost made the main in the 100cc class on my 1979 KD100, but the ignition couldn't handle that many laps, bummer!
Oh and we raced some full size bikes too.
Honda88L
7/11/2018 6:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2018 6:44pm
MaxPower wrote:
I think that was the 4th year for the boot leg track. Actually in years past they ran after dark but it just got too nuts. I shouldn't but I normally spin a few laps on my TC125 if I know my next play is a shower-you get dirty as hell.. I am actually a fan of the lights needed after dark-we were sitting at our camp last year and some you guy came by us wide open into a trash can and went down hard. Leg was cut bad but got up and left. You could see the dent clearly on the can the next day.

As far as a hotel they do have a family area where it is not as crazy. The area is right across from the MX track closest to the entrance.

Definitely a pit bike needed-put 60+ miles on mine every year and never leave the place.

I saw your post on attending and was looking for the Kawi #64. Only time I saw it was in the harescramble on Friday- you were riding good. That was you wasn't it?

Had a family member attend for the first time - bought an 81 RM125 Saturday and raced it Sunday. He's hooked. This is an event I won't miss as long as I am alive.
MaxPower
7/19/2018 9:40am
MaxPower wrote:
Honda88L wrote:
I think that was the 4th year for the boot leg track. Actually in years past they ran after dark but it just got too nuts...
I think that was the 4th year for the boot leg track. Actually in years past they ran after dark but it just got too nuts. I shouldn't but I normally spin a few laps on my TC125 if I know my next play is a shower-you get dirty as hell.. I am actually a fan of the lights needed after dark-we were sitting at our camp last year and some you guy came by us wide open into a trash can and went down hard. Leg was cut bad but got up and left. You could see the dent clearly on the can the next day.

As far as a hotel they do have a family area where it is not as crazy. The area is right across from the MX track closest to the entrance.

Definitely a pit bike needed-put 60+ miles on mine every year and never leave the place.

I saw your post on attending and was looking for the Kawi #64. Only time I saw it was in the harescramble on Friday- you were riding good. That was you wasn't it?

Had a family member attend for the first time - bought an 81 RM125 Saturday and raced it Sunday. He's hooked. This is an event I won't miss as long as I am alive.
Thanks fort the compliment. You must have seen me in a good section. I had not ridden in over a year. I did not know I was going to ride the HS until 25 min before. I was hurting but really happy I rode. The course was great

Post a reply to: Mid Ohio

The Latest