Maico GP 450

MaicoJC1
1/18/2013 4:30pm
I have a 68 Maico 360 I'm trying to finish as well and usually have them done within 6 months...I've got everything I need except for the new exhaust, but I've been waiting 1.5 years to get it back together...I feel your pain
flyingdg
1/26/2013 10:46am
I just fired up my bike for the first time this morning (third kick) I rode it down the icy driveway to the rode and went through the gears. The clutch works great and the transmission shifted good, the motor was crisp sounds great. I had one problem with the gas tank I made, there is a pin hole leak in a weld by the petcockkkkk. I hope my next bike doesn't take this long, I don't think I would live to see it done. Now what bike do I build next? I’ve been collecting parts for a RM500 in a 84 RM250 frame with a center port ex. I never used the reed cylinder that I had mad for this bike, so I was thinking about building a new bottom end to put it on. I have the 1974 cases that I cut the back of the case and welded it up to run a AW clutch cover , I also cleaned up the top and the chain side to look like a AW, shortened the shift linkage to work with the clutch cover. The cylinder would look good on that bottom end. I have a 78 maico 250 that I would like to put some 42mm forks on and run 81 yellow plastic. What about a 74 GP 250? I wish I had more time and Money. Back to the bike I just finished, I don’t think I used a part off of the 250 maico that I started with. I had to find, make or buy every part on the bike but I’m very happy with the out come. Thanks DG

The Shop

Post a reply to: Maico GP 450

The Latest