"MP" engraved on cylinder?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/8/2018 2:36 PM

Anyone know who would have left this on an 83 cr250 cylinder? Thanks. Photo
Photo

|

9/9/2018 8:28 AM

Probably someone who ported the jug. I remember back around 1989 Hoffman Engine Dynamics ported my CR and put the coolest engraving and a lightning bolt on the side of the cylinder. Neat stuff

|

When in doubt gas it! It may not cure the problem but it will end the suspense!

9/10/2018 12:03 PM

In the late 80's ago I had my ATC250R jug ported by someone that Norm's Cycle in San Bernardino outsourced porting too. It came back with the same initials but I don't recall who it was. I do remember that I was pissed that my jug was tagged with graffiti. The initials on yours at least have some style to them. Those left on mine looked like something a 9 year old would do.

|

9/10/2018 12:24 PM

Moto Perfect Racing in Rancho Cucamonga CA. He has a page on FB if you want to contact him. My YZ125 came with a cylinder ported by the same guy. Did a really clean job, too bad it doesn’t run as good as it looks. LOL (probably not his fault though as late 80’s YZ125’s are not the fastest). Photo

|

9/10/2018 5:12 PM

chuckie108 wrote:

Moto Perfect Racing in Rancho Cucamonga CA. He has a page on FB if you want to contact him. My YZ125 came with a cylinder ...more

Damm that is clean man! Thanks, moto perfect is the guy, was looking for someone to post a cylinder pic with the "MP" sig. To confirm who it really was. I never heard of them and i am not far from them either. Do they do good work?

|

9/10/2018 8:54 PM

Thanks! I can’t comment on how good the guy is or not. His work looked very clean and tidy, but that doesn’t mean it’s gonna run hard. The guy I bought my bike from likes him though. Sorry I can’t give you more info.

|

9/11/2018 6:45 AM

If he is willing to put his logo on the cylinder, you can be pretty confident he does good work.

|

When in doubt gas it! It may not cure the problem but it will end the suspense!