Looking for YZ60

bkillgore
Edited Date/Time 3/14/2018 8:44pm
Hey I am in the hunt for a yz60. I had one when I was a kid and would love to get one again. I would prefer a 81 but will also consider 82-83. If you have one for sale or know of one please let me know, thanks!
|
OldPro277
3/9/2018 10:59am
Well bkillgore....... I actually have one. 1981 YZ60. Its an original survivor I was lucky to stumble across. Absolutely a 9.5 out of 10 in condition. Runs like a beast, almost scary fast. I have a big collection of Vintage mx'ers(mostly full size) but I start cherry picking some really cool mini's a couple of years ago.A Full blown DG XR80, couple early YZ's,Cr's Kx's and this YZ60. Guy had it in storage in Arizona for 30+ years in the warehouse section of his business. He was selling the business and clearing out his building. My wife actually found it and I jumped on it . Wasn't sure if you are looking for a project bike (cheapie) or something like this. I hadn't planned on selling it, but since I never owned or raced one ,it doesnt have a super significant personal meaning to me (other than my wife found it) and to have it go to someone that it has meaning to,I may cut it loose.
bkillgore
3/9/2018 1:16pm
OldPro277 wrote:
Well bkillgore....... I actually have one. 1981 YZ60. Its an original survivor I was lucky to stumble across. Absolutely a 9.5 out of 10 in condition...
Well bkillgore....... I actually have one. 1981 YZ60. Its an original survivor I was lucky to stumble across. Absolutely a 9.5 out of 10 in condition. Runs like a beast, almost scary fast. I have a big collection of Vintage mx'ers(mostly full size) but I start cherry picking some really cool mini's a couple of years ago.A Full blown DG XR80, couple early YZ's,Cr's Kx's and this YZ60. Guy had it in storage in Arizona for 30+ years in the warehouse section of his business. He was selling the business and clearing out his building. My wife actually found it and I jumped on it . Wasn't sure if you are looking for a project bike (cheapie) or something like this. I hadn't planned on selling it, but since I never owned or raced one ,it doesnt have a super significant personal meaning to me (other than my wife found it) and to have it go to someone that it has meaning to,I may cut it loose.
I sent you a private message.
quiknic
Fantasy
1147th
3/9/2018 9:33pm
OldPro277 wrote:
Well bkillgore....... I actually have one. 1981 YZ60. Its an original survivor I was lucky to stumble across. Absolutely a 9.5 out of 10 in condition...
OldPro277, what years are the YZ, CR and KX 80's as I have been looking to add a few minis to my collection? Are you interested in selling any of the 80's and if so can you email me some pics and details?
quiknic@aol.com
Thank you,
Nick

The Shop

OldPro277
3/10/2018 8:45am
Quiknic, they are all 78-82 , unfortunately I'm not thinking about dumping any at the moment. Heres a couple of pics of my YZ60.
BKilgore--I sent these last night from my phone,and I couldn't tell if they actually went thru ,but I have the original owners manual , actual title and brand new OEM tank decals. Just not 100% sure I want to cut it loose, but............

Russ14
3/12/2018 6:18pm
I have a 81 model I will sell if you haven’t found one. Can send pics if interested 1800, has new crank bearings and rod kit, fresh bore, powder coated frame, new spokes. Call me if interested 8179990649.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
3/14/2018 8:44pm
I had a pair of 82’s, had to be one of the most fun bikes I ever rode as a kid. I was splitting duty between those, and my pee wees that year, at the ripe old age of 8. Those just made the transition so easy...... great little bikes. Makes me wish we had tamer little race bikes for kids now. Such a simpler time then.....

Post a reply to: Looking for YZ60

The Latest