Italjet 50, rare bird

Edited Date/Time 12/29/2018 12:05pm
Hey everyone! This is myour first post on here, thanknyou for the add!

I have a 1983 italjet XA50 that I'm looking to sell. Runs, looks to be in decent shape. For the life of me, I cannot find a lot of info on this one, any help or offers would be awesome!

|
a22
10/25/2016 7:56am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2016 8:20am
Think that probably is quite rare model being liquid cooled- probably did not sell so many of them because of being automatic maybe, not sure.

Barely remember seeing any or many of them here but may have saw one or two back in the day possibly.
We had a few Italjets over here in the 70's but do not remember seeing so many in the 80's at all.

It's actual displacement is 55.4cc thats all I have found out and weighs 39kg for whatever thats worth!

Would imagine the air cooled x50/ x80cc are more desirable to collectors but you never know, someone may have had one as a kid and become nostalgic. Looks in a pretty good condition.

Edit... not sure if the front plate/ rad cover is correct, on the pics I saw it looked alot thinner and red, also the tank I saw was red. Also had yellow airscoop which maybe missing on yours or it may have an airscoop on the other side that your pic doesn't show.
Kidkawie
10/26/2016 10:45am
Cool bike! Always wanted a JC50
10/26/2016 11:54am
Weren't these the predecessors to cobra or is that a different company I'm thinking of? Bud M bought a bunch of parts from a company that went out of business best I remember
JMX82
10/26/2016 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2016 12:27pm
I had a brand new 1995 Italjet Winner when I was a kid. It had liquid cooling, four speed gear box and literally no brakes. It was really fast and light but frame cracked several times in different places and had to frequently welded. Me and my brother rode the crap out of that bike and it was really poor shape just after one year of riding. We ended up trading it to used KX80. I think it is really rare bike and I haven't seen one since

The Shop

a22
10/27/2016 6:40am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2016 7:08am
Yes, was same over here also, a fair few of them in the 70's and they seemed to become much less into the 80's and beyond. Maybe they just stopped selling so many and things went abit flat? Not sure of the reasons. That 90's one pictured above looks nice really and sounds like it went good, quality sounds abit suspect though.
Think Italjet may concentrate more on scooter market, or may have in the past, which may explain the crossers seemingly hardly being made or imported.

Remember the UK Italjet Importer here back in the 1970-80's odd, I think he was actually also the DG Importer- his son had some serious tricked out bikes, including a full on Mugen, not a kitted one or built up one but proper white factory built one like Johnny O's. Think they only made about 4-5 of them in total that were of that spec. Was really quite a bike for sure.
38special
10/27/2016 8:12am
JMX82 wrote:
I had a brand new 1995 Italjet Winner when I was a kid. It had liquid cooling, four speed gear box and literally no brakes. It...
I had a brand new 1995 Italjet Winner when I was a kid. It had liquid cooling, four speed gear box and literally no brakes. It was really fast and light but frame cracked several times in different places and had to frequently welded. Me and my brother rode the crap out of that bike and it was really poor shape just after one year of riding. We ended up trading it to used KX80. I think it is really rare bike and I haven't seen one since

Literally no brakes? What's that lever on the throttle side of the handlebars?
JMX82
10/27/2016 10:44am
Of course the bike had brakes but they where really small drum brakes that where originally designed for a lot slower bike. This bike could almost go 60 mph and it was way too fast for those brakes
12/29/2018 12:05pm
Hey everyone! This is myour first post on here, thanknyou for the add! I have a 1983 italjet XA50 that I'm looking to sell. Runs, looks...
Hey everyone! This is myour first post on here, thanknyou for the add!

I have a 1983 italjet XA50 that I'm looking to sell. Runs, looks to be in decent shape. For the life of me, I cannot find a lot of info on this one, any help or offers would be awesome!

Hi gjg did you ever found any info on the italjet ?
I bought one today
Thanks
Alex

Post a reply to: Italjet 50, rare bird

The Latest