ISO: Polini 50cc parts or 65cc

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2020 1:56 PM

Building my boys up some polini’s, and im in search of parts.

If you know of anything please keep me posted!!!!0

|

2/4/2020 3:27 AM

Gonna keep bumping

|

2/4/2020 9:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2020 9:55 AM

The distributor was based in Florida and a sizeable dealer was located in Minnesota (believe the guy owned a trucking company and polini dealership). The MN guys name was possibly Adler, but I could be wrong due to time and a faulty memory. Might hit some FL and MN moto-boards and see if there are any parts lots left... Good luck---they are cool looking bikes. 🤙

|

“Men, we are surrounded by the enemy. We have the greatest opportunity ever presented an army. We can attack in any direction.”
― General Anthony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne, while addressing troops at Bastogne during the Battle
of the Bulge.

2/4/2020 10:19 AM

Red Crawford wrote:

The distributor was based in Florida and a sizeable dealer was located in Minnesota (believe the guy owned a trucking company and polini dealership). The MN guys name was possibly Adler, but I could be wrong due to time and a faulty memory. Might hit some FL and MN moto-boards and see if there are any parts lots left... Good luck---they are cool looking bikes. 🤙

Thank you so much man im actually i think texting the guy your talking about, there will be a thread in bike builds soon about building two of these little bikes, reason being is my son keeps getting screwed out of seat time on his new ktm’s and we have tried cobras too and same thing, its like the more that time goes on the shittier these bikes get made, you used to be able to whip out the polini and go and go for 20hrs and now its like the little bikes dont even last more than 5 hrs

|

2/4/2020 12:56 PM

I had 2 new Polini 50's for my son back during our pee wee days. Bought them both in Jan, got rid of them both by first week of May the same year. Raced them in 9 events, finished 1. They looked great, but were as reliable as an unfaithful wife......Bought two new KTM's and finished the year doing the usual 50's routine, but no more DNF's.

|

2/4/2020 3:22 PM

dadofagun wrote:

I had 2 new Polini 50's for my son back during our pee wee days. Bought them both in Jan, got rid of them both by first week of May the same year. Raced them in 9 events, finished 1. They looked great, but were as reliable as an unfaithful wife......Bought two new KTM's and finished the year doing the usual 50's routine, but no more DNF's.

Bummer you had that type of luck.

You remeber the year?
And model?

|

2/5/2020 2:22 PM

Both were 06, liquid cooled. On paper, like I said, looked great. In person, looked to be very well put together as well, but just would not stay running. One broke a rod within 45 mins of owning it. Son took off running very slow during break in, was keeping it nice and easy going across our field and it abruptly stopped. Snowed about a foot that night, so the next week was spent staring at one brand new bike, one torn apart to find the rod issue. After about 10 days of shit weather, we took the second bike outside when it finally cleared up, and spent an afternoon breaking it in. Next day, started it up, while warming at idle it died, and would not refire. Turns out, no spark...... 2 bikes, both new, dead.
Parts and all were taken care of thank God, but this was a clear sign I had screwed up. It never got any better until they were both gone a few months later, and the guy that bought them knew they were lemons.......he did not seem phased a bit. However, he was rid of them within a year as well. I had watched Polini's for 2 years prior, and they looked great at all the events I watched, just not for us. KTM for the rest of our PeeWee days, no DNF's....... Wish you the best of luck, invest in Booze, and Tylenol.

|

2/5/2020 7:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2020 7:03 PM

In the early 2000's, Polini X3's competed well with Cobras and KTM's. But----if the riders were equal the edge went to Cobra. Greco, Catanzaro, Brad Baker, and a bunch of other kids (including my grom) were on Polini's at Ponca in 2001.

Old Polini's are fairly rare and should go up in value. I see complete bikes in race trim show up for $1,500 every couple of months. Most did not survive. They looked much better than the KTM and Cobra, imo, and will be great 'garage wall art' if nothing else. 🤙

|

“Men, we are surrounded by the enemy. We have the greatest opportunity ever presented an army. We can attack in any direction.”
― General Anthony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne, while addressing troops at Bastogne during the Battle
of the Bulge.