I might have lost my mind.....

chuckie108
Edited Date/Time 2/27/2018 9:07am
Currently have 2 bikes in que being restored, but I came across this beauty for $100 bucks(also included a complete ‘89 KX80), so I couldn’t resist.

It pretty rough, but has a couple weird/cool bits on it. First thing that caught my eye was the pipe, it’s a near mint OG PC Pipe. I figured that alone was worth the $100.

Also the shock isn’t standard. It has a double clicker with HS and LS clickers. The clevis is also billet and it looks to have a 16mm shaft(don’t know if that was standard or not). Any one have an idea what it is?

And for some weird reason, a single ti bolt on the head stay. LOL

It’s complete other than the airbox assy which I’m sure will be a bare to locate, but I’m looking forward to it though as Wardy was one of my hero’s as a kid. I’m planning to make it look like Wardy’s ‘85 works bike. ive searched the web pretty thoroughly , and there’s no a lot of info out there on this bikes. I did find nightmare racing and it looks like they have plastics, which is a plus. If anyone has any insight, info, mags, articles etc., it would be much appreciated. ??

|
2/25/2018 6:44am
Could have been a Factory supported riders bike that got a few hand me down parts from the team. Ricky Ryan is the first to come to mind.
chuckie108
2/27/2018 8:04am
Could have been a Factory supported riders bike that got a few hand me down parts from the team. Ricky Ryan is the first to come...
Could have been a Factory supported riders bike that got a few hand me down parts from the team. Ricky Ryan is the first to come to mind.
Thanks for the input. Ran across this pic of Wardy's '85 Works bike, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a little stoked. Looks like it is indeed a factory shock, Gonna pull the cylinder off tonight and see if there is anything cool going on on the inside.

2/27/2018 9:04am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2018 9:07am
The 85 KX250 was a "True" works bike.. the tanks looked close to stock, but they were not.

The shock looks like a factory KYB unit to me. I'm going with it was a support rider who got factory parts or maybe a "practice bike" from Ward, Eddie Warren or Billy Liles possible?

Does it have frame numbers?

The seat cover graphics look like the "85" bike, but the pipe says 86.

Post a reply to: I might have lost my mind.....

The Latest