I got lucky

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2018 9:11 PM

I'm pretty excited about this bike. I just picked it up hours ago from an elderly gentleman that has had it in storage for over 15 years. I feel guilty paying as little as I did being an all original minus an fmf silencer as I did. I can't wait to tear this thing down. Photo

Photo

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/3/2018 10:18 PM

Awesome find!

|

4/3/2018 10:27 PM

Bman_145 wrote:

Awesome find!

Thanks man. I'm stoked

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/3/2018 11:38 PM

That's awesome!! That will be a fun build!

|

4/4/2018 5:30 AM

Great score....

|

4/4/2018 12:45 PM

Very nice!

|

4/4/2018 1:01 PM

Wow, looks to be just enough used to not be afraid to ride in good conditions. If I found a completely new old bike it would hurt to ride.

|

4/4/2018 1:11 PM

chuckie108 wrote:

That's awesome!! That will be a fun build!

I'm looking forward to it smile

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/4/2018 1:13 PM

Banana_oil wrote:

Wow, looks to be just enough used to not be afraid to ride in good conditions. If I found a completely new old bike it would ...more

Digital pictures always look better than the real thing but you are right. This bike will get ridden and should be a great time.

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/4/2018 11:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2018 11:58 PM

Don't feel guilty - I assume he got what he wanted for it.

And, I assume you'll take care of it, and not be parting it out / 'moving it on' or killing it in some scraggly paddock or old quarry - or on the public roads.

Win - Win

Mind you, the std seat cover and graphics are a reminder of a very strange time in MX, where Taste went the way of the Dodo .sick whistling

|

4/5/2018 2:08 AM

Beautifull!!

|

4/5/2018 4:26 AM

I remember back in the day we named those the "cat yack" bikes, but they have their own beauty now!

|

When in doubt gas it! It may not cure the problem but it will end the suspense!

4/5/2018 8:24 AM

wertman194 wrote:

I remember back in the day we named those the "cat yack" bikes, but they have their own beauty now!

Haha. I thought Suzuki lost their damn minds after the beautiful 89 and 90 bikes. They went full on culture club but I love the stupid look these days.

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/5/2018 11:33 AM

Bearuno wrote:

Don't feel guilty - I assume he got what he wanted for it.

And, I assume you'll take care of it, and not be parting it out / ...more

I agree. And I will be freshing this old girl up and keeping bone stock minus a raw pipe if I can find one.
The gentleman had his sons bike in his shed since 96 and had no clue on value.

That being said... when these bikes came out I thought they were so wild. Haha. Yamahas were magenta hondas were going pink and then suzuki tastefully barfed on their bikes.

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/6/2018 11:28 AM

Not too bad for being in storage for 15 to 20 years! Photo

Photo

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/6/2018 11:22 PM

Manbearpig wrote:

I'm pretty excited about this bike. I just picked it up hours ago from an elderly gentleman that has had it in storage for ...more

Enjoy the bike, I am loving mine. Still a work in progress between racing and other bike builds.

Photo

|

4/7/2018 7:50 AM

Wow! That is literally the exact build I have in mind. Who did your decals? Beautiful bike man.

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/7/2018 8:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2018 9:44 AM

EVO MX, not quick as it will be at least a month before you receive them after ordering but the quality and customization is fantastic.

|

4/7/2018 9:04 AM

quiknic wrote:

EVO MX, not quick as it will be at least a month before you receive them after ordering but the quality and customization is ...more

Okay thank you very much

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/7/2018 9:41 AM

Here is a quick link to the page where the 92's start

https://www.evo-mx.com/product-category/suzuki/page/7/

|

4/15/2018 9:19 PM

quiknic wrote:

Here is a quick link to the page where the 92's start

https://www.evo-mx.com/product-category/suzuki/page/7/

Thanks!

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/15/2018 9:29 PM

Stripping the old girl down for powdercoat and freshening her up from the ground up. For a bike this old it's in phenomenal shape.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/27/2018 1:35 PM

Manbearpig wrote:

I'm pretty excited about this bike. I just picked it up hours ago from an elderly gentleman that has had it in storage for ...more

Photo That's funny, I bought a 92 250 with almost the exact same story, an old man bought it new, rode it on fire roads a little then it sat in the exact spot it was in when I went to pick it up for 12 years and it too was stock except for an FMF silencer.
|

4/27/2018 8:39 PM

vmx3 wrote: Photo That's funny, I bought a 92 250 with almost the exact same story, an old man bought it new, rode it on fire roads a little ...more

I hate both of you guys...

|

Instagram @_yabba_dabba_dont_

4/27/2018 8:52 PM

Manbearpig wrote:

vmx3 wrote: Photo That's funny, I bought a 92 250 with almost the exact same story, an old man bought it new, rode it on fire roads a little ...more

Nice bike! Looks like we both got lucky.

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/28/2018 5:29 AM

Wish I could get that lucky! Had a new one in '92, would really like to find a '90 and '92 RM125, all I ever see is "blacked out" ones that have been rattle canned sad
Here's mine in '92 Photo

|

4/29/2018 5:08 PM

Manbearpig wrote:

Manbearpig wrote:

Lucky dudes indeed, I thought that I scored on the 92 RM250 that I found like I did on the 125 but this thing is getting a full rebuild as it was not as nice as originally thought.

Frame is out for powdercoating as we speak and all parts have been ordered.
Photo

|

4/30/2018 2:53 PM

yak651 wrote:

Wish I could get that lucky! Had a new one in '92, would really like to find a '90 and '92 RM125, all I ever see is "blacked ...more

That's a sweet bike man! Clean bikes that old are hard to find man. Its a shame they get in the hands of people that dont appreciate them.

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/30/2018 2:55 PM

Manbearpig wrote:

quiknic wrote:

Lucky dudes indeed, I thought that I scored on the 92 RM250 that I found like I did on the 125 but this thing is getting a ...more

Im sending mine to powder coat this week as well. Even though my little scooter is clean its hard to not want to tear it down. Good luck man!

|

Throwbackmxguy