I got lucky

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2018 9:11 PM

I'm pretty excited about this bike. I just picked it up hours ago from an elderly gentleman that has had it in storage for over 15 years. I feel guilty paying as little as I did being an all original minus an fmf silencer as I did. I can't wait to tear this thing down. Photo

Photo

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/3/2018 10:18 PM

Awesome find!

|

4/3/2018 10:27 PM

Bman_145 wrote:

Awesome find!

Thanks man. I'm stoked

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/3/2018 11:38 PM

That's awesome!! That will be a fun build!

|

4/4/2018 5:30 AM

Great score....

|

4/4/2018 12:45 PM

Very nice!

|

4/4/2018 1:01 PM

Wow, looks to be just enough used to not be afraid to ride in good conditions. If I found a completely new old bike it would hurt to ride.

|

4/4/2018 1:11 PM

chuckie108 wrote:

That's awesome!! That will be a fun build!

I'm looking forward to it smile

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/4/2018 1:13 PM

Banana_oil wrote:

Wow, looks to be just enough used to not be afraid to ride in good conditions. If I found a completely new old bike it would hurt to ride.

Digital pictures always look better than the real thing but you are right. This bike will get ridden and should be a great time.

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/4/2018 11:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2018 11:58 PM

Don't feel guilty - I assume he got what he wanted for it.

And, I assume you'll take care of it, and not be parting it out / 'moving it on' or killing it in some scraggly paddock or old quarry - or on the public roads.

Win - Win

Mind you, the std seat cover and graphics are a reminder of a very strange time in MX, where Taste went the way of the Dodo .sick whistling

|

4/5/2018 2:08 AM

Beautifull!!

|

4/5/2018 4:26 AM

I remember back in the day we named those the "cat yack" bikes, but they have their own beauty now!

|

When in doubt gas it! It may not cure the problem but it will end the suspense!

4/5/2018 8:24 AM

wertman194 wrote:

I remember back in the day we named those the "cat yack" bikes, but they have their own beauty now!

Haha. I thought Suzuki lost their damn minds after the beautiful 89 and 90 bikes. They went full on culture club but I love the stupid look these days.

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/5/2018 11:33 AM

Bearuno wrote:

Don't feel guilty - I assume he got what he wanted for it.

And, I assume you'll take care of it, and not be parting it out / 'moving it on' or killing it in some scraggly paddock or old quarry - or on the public roads.

Win - Win

Mind you, the std seat cover and graphics are a reminder of a very strange time in MX, where Taste went the way of the Dodo .sick whistling

I agree. And I will be freshing this old girl up and keeping bone stock minus a raw pipe if I can find one.
The gentleman had his sons bike in his shed since 96 and had no clue on value.

That being said... when these bikes came out I thought they were so wild. Haha. Yamahas were magenta hondas were going pink and then suzuki tastefully barfed on their bikes.

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/6/2018 11:28 AM

Not too bad for being in storage for 15 to 20 years! Photo

Photo

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/6/2018 11:22 PM

Manbearpig wrote:

I'm pretty excited about this bike. I just picked it up hours ago from an elderly gentleman that has had it in storage for over 15 years. I feel guilty paying as little as I did being an all original minus an fmf silencer as I did. I can't wait to tear this thing down. Photo

Photo

Enjoy the bike, I am loving mine. Still a work in progress between racing and other bike builds.

Photo

|

4/7/2018 7:50 AM

Wow! That is literally the exact build I have in mind. Who did your decals? Beautiful bike man.

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/7/2018 8:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2018 9:44 AM

EVO MX, not quick as it will be at least a month before you receive them after ordering but the quality and customization is fantastic.

|

4/7/2018 9:04 AM

quiknic wrote:

EVO MX, not quick as it will be at least a month before you receive them after ordering but the quality and customization is fantastic.

Okay thank you very much

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/7/2018 9:41 AM

Here is a quick link to the page where the 92's start

https://www.evo-mx.com/product-category/suzuki/page/7/

|

4/15/2018 9:19 PM

quiknic wrote:

Here is a quick link to the page where the 92's start

https://www.evo-mx.com/product-category/suzuki/page/7/

Thanks!

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/15/2018 9:29 PM

Stripping the old girl down for powdercoat and freshening her up from the ground up. For a bike this old it's in phenomenal shape.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/27/2018 1:35 PM

Manbearpig wrote:

Photo

Photo That's funny, I bought a 92 250 with almost the exact same story, an old man bought it new, rode it on fire roads a little then it sat in the exact spot it was in when I went to pick it up for 12 years and it too was stock except for an FMF silencer.
|

4/27/2018 8:39 PM

vmx3 wrote: Photo That's funny, I bought a 92 250 with almost the exact same story, an old man bought it new, rode it on fire roads a little then it sat in the exact spot it was in when I went to pick it up for 12 years and it too was stock except for an FMF silencer.

I hate both of you guys...

|

Instagram @_yabba_dabba_dont_

4/27/2018 8:52 PM

Manbearpig wrote:

Photo

vmx3 wrote: Photo That's funny, I bought a 92 250 with almost the exact same story, an old man bought it new, rode it on fire roads a little then it sat in the exact spot it was in when I went to pick it up for 12 years and it too was stock except for an FMF silencer.

Nice bike! Looks like we both got lucky.

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/28/2018 5:29 AM

Wish I could get that lucky! Had a new one in '92, would really like to find a '90 and '92 RM125, all I ever see is "blacked out" ones that have been rattle canned sad
Here's mine in '92 Photo

|

4/29/2018 5:08 PM

Manbearpig wrote:

Photo

Manbearpig wrote:

Lucky dudes indeed, I thought that I scored on the 92 RM250 that I found like I did on the 125 but this thing is getting a full rebuild as it was not as nice as originally thought.

Frame is out for powdercoating as we speak and all parts have been ordered.
Photo

|

4/30/2018 2:53 PM

yak651 wrote:

Wish I could get that lucky! Had a new one in '92, would really like to find a '90 and '92 RM125, all I ever see is "blacked out" ones that have been rattle canned sad
Here's mine in '92 Photo

That's a sweet bike man! Clean bikes that old are hard to find man. Its a shame they get in the hands of people that dont appreciate them.

|

Throwbackmxguy

4/30/2018 2:55 PM

Manbearpig wrote:

quiknic wrote:

Lucky dudes indeed, I thought that I scored on the 92 RM250 that I found like I did on the 125 but this thing is getting a full rebuild as it was not as nice as originally thought.

Frame is out for powdercoating as we speak and all parts have been ordered.
Photo

Im sending mine to powder coat this week as well. Even though my little scooter is clean its hard to not want to tear it down. Good luck man!

|

Throwbackmxguy