Honda CR 125 1985 project

billyslad
Edited Date/Time 6/18/2018 1:21pm
I have a 1985 rebuild in progress to take to Farleigh later this year I started with a couple of bike with a view to making one decent one but have since been out sourcing more parts as the further you get in the worse you realise things are

Out of 5 rear hubs none of them were within the suggested linit and had various grooves and scuffs etc so I have taken the plunge and found a NOS one which I am having relaced to a new rim .I love the look of the mid eighties Hondas

The engine has a Jan de Groot ported barrel on it although it is in fair old mess , I intend to put cartridge forks on the front and I am undecided on the rear as yet

I will get some piccys up shortly

One question that I do have is does anyone know of any other wider footpegs that will go on without too much buggering about ?
|
billyslad
6/11/2018 9:11am
Underneath all of the stickers and silicone this bike was a real mess with lots of factory parts (John Deere ) and all sorts of fastners ,the rear hub was oversize and the back brake was shot with all of the wrong spacers inside the hub or just missing
The hub had also been powdercoated so when it was raced it started melting off ! Nice

Dentons have supplied a new torque arm and some other titanium goodies which once fitted will make things operate as they should
Smed
6/21/2018 1:43am

I am using late model KTM on my 85 CR.

Post a reply to: Honda CR 125 1985 project

The Latest