GIwasB4 GIwasB4
4/27/2018 6:10 AM

Seller states it's a handful, yikes!
Photo

Photo

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

a22 a22
4/27/2018 8:54 AM

Holy cow! - is that a KH500, 1970's Triple? Or Triple of some capacity?

Fantastic work on the pipes, look coned and damn good job getting them so neat and in the limited space already taken up.
Not sure I would want to race or even ride the thing but certainly unusual to say the least.

Always was an excellent rider ...... at crashing usually

Moto Aspes, you know you want one

Hasletjoe Hasletjoe
4/27/2018 4:31 PM

There needs to be a class. This was built by a friend of mine who has it all sorted and has ridden it. Always draws a crowd when he brings it out to play.

Photo

Murph Murph
4/28/2018 10:28 AM

Love these projects, here is another Maico/Suzuki

Photo

Kidkawie Kidkawie
5/4/2018 9:31 AM

I wonder how that KX would do against a KX500?

04 KX125
94 KX250SM
75 Z1-900

a22 a22
5/4/2018 2:58 PM
Kidkawie wrote:

I wonder how that KX would ...more

haha- yes, probably not much, would think it must be a strange sort of powerband and abit odd feeling balance/ weight wise but heck, who knows with a crazy good rider! They say, with a decent rider that they would be quick on a moped, which is probably true.

Amazing bikes and work though really- oddball bikes are sort of fascinating in a way- especially when they are done well. Loving these pics.smile

project racer project racer
5/4/2018 8:33 PM
Photo
5/4/2018 8:34 PM
Photo
a22 a22
5/7/2018 3:29 PM

Are those KH500 triples Project Racer?- I seen you post stuff about flat trackers n' stuff before- we never did flat tracking here in UK but always been interesting how many good riders emerged from doing it- Roberts etc?

What were the motors/ power characteristics like on these triples- read abita bout them in roadbike form and by accounts they were pretty hairy! Did they also have 750cc flat trackers?

5/7/2018 5:34 PM
project racer wrote:
a22 wrote:

Are those KH500 triples ...more

That bike is a 750 H2. I recall they used "center" cylinders on the two outer holes for some reason. Power characteristics ? Like riding three 250's tied together. Or four 175's.Surely had to be a bit of a narrow power range where they really ran at their best. Photo

a22 a22
5/8/2018 4:58 AM

That thing scares me just looking at it- let alone riding it!

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry