4/27/2018 6:10 AM

Seller states it's a handful, yikes!
Photo

Photo

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

4/27/2018 8:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2018 8:57 AM

Holy cow! - is that a KH500, 1970's Triple? Or Triple of some capacity?

Fantastic work on the pipes, look coned and damn good job getting them so neat and in the limited space already taken up.
Not sure I would want to race or even ride the thing but certainly unusual to say the least.

|

Always was an excellent rider ...... at crashing usually

Moto Aspes, you know you want one

4/27/2018 4:31 PM

There needs to be a class. This was built by a friend of mine who has it all sorted and has ridden it. Always draws a crowd when he brings it out to play.

Photo

|

4/28/2018 10:28 AM

Love these projects, here is another Maico/Suzuki

Photo

|

5/4/2018 9:31 AM

I wonder how that KX would do against a KX500?

|

04 KX125
94 KX250SM
75 Z1-900

5/4/2018 2:58 PM

Kidkawie wrote:

I wonder how that KX would do against a KX500?

haha- yes, probably not much, would think it must be a strange sort of powerband and abit odd feeling balance/ weight wise but heck, who knows with a crazy good rider! They say, with a decent rider that they would be quick on a moped, which is probably true.

Amazing bikes and work though really- oddball bikes are sort of fascinating in a way- especially when they are done well. Loving these pics.smile

|

5/4/2018 8:33 PM

Photo
|

5/4/2018 8:34 PM

Photo
|

5/7/2018 3:29 PM

project racer wrote: Photo

Are those KH500 triples Project Racer?- I seen you post stuff about flat trackers n' stuff before- we never did flat tracking here in UK but always been interesting how many good riders emerged from doing it- Roberts etc?

What were the motors/ power characteristics like on these triples- read abita bout them in roadbike form and by accounts they were pretty hairy! Did they also have 750cc flat trackers?

|

5/7/2018 5:34 PM

project racer wrote: Photo

a22 wrote:

Are those KH500 triples Project Racer?- I seen you post stuff about flat trackers n' stuff before- we never did flat tracking here in UK but always been interesting how many good riders emerged from doing it- Roberts etc?

What were the motors/ power characteristics like on these triples- read abita bout them in roadbike form and by accounts they were pretty hairy! Did they also have 750cc flat trackers?

That bike is a 750 H2. I recall they used "center" cylinders on the two outer holes for some reason. Power characteristics ? Like riding three 250's tied together. Or four 175's.Surely had to be a bit of a narrow power range where they really ran at their best. Photo

|

5/8/2018 4:58 AM

That thing scares me just looking at it- let alone riding it!

|