Guy Cooper 93 RM250 build

Related:
Create New Tag

3/20/2018 4:56 PM

Hey all I've been reading and studying everyone's builds for years. All your restoration builds on old 80's and 90's bikes are incredible thanks for your inspiration. So, I have actually done quite a bit of builds myself and I apologize for not starting this build when I bought the bike about a year ago. But... I wanted to show an almost completed 93 Guy Cooper RM250 replica because not many Cooper replicas have been done. Also, I can answer any questions and have contacts locally for reproduced graphics Ect....

Here are some photos I has turned out better than expected!

Trevor

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

3/20/2018 5:11 PM

Photo

Here is the original inspiration photo form the internet that I was using as reference.

Thanks guys
|

3/20/2018 5:43 PM

Here is one in the light.Photo

Photo

|

3/20/2018 6:33 PM

Outstanding!
Now, since you teased-pics of the 93? Yamaha in the background please.
Heck, pics of all of it, looks nice.
Thanks, Mark

|

3/20/2018 6:43 PM

Thanks CVM (Mark) the 95YZ in the background is gonna be a Emig replica from his last year before Yami went blue. I'm having my local graphics guy who did an amazing job on these Cooper graphics reproduce this set from CEET. When I start it I'll do a before and after forum on it.

Trevor

Photo

|

3/20/2018 7:07 PM

awesome ! nice collection too mate !

|

3/20/2018 7:15 PM

bradpr32 wrote:

awesome ! nice collection too mate !

Thanks bud

|

3/20/2018 8:01 PM

Looks good!! There's not a nicer guy in motocross than Guy Cooper

|

3/21/2018 12:53 PM

Following! You have a nice collection going and I like your plans. If you care to share who your graphics guy is, I'd love to keep his info in my Rolodex. Thanks!

|

3/21/2018 1:06 PM

RyanLester761 wrote:

Following! You have a nice collection going and I like your plans. If you care to share who your graphics guy is, I'd love to ...more

Ryan, here is the information if I remember your in California and I'm just up the 5 in southern Oregon. Later

Sign Dude
541858-2701

|

3/21/2018 1:21 PM

telf8579 wrote:

Ryan, here is the information if I remember your in California and I'm just up the 5 in southern Oregon. Later

Sign Dude
...more

Yep, I'm in the Sacramento area. Thanks!

|

3/21/2018 3:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/21/2018 3:39 PM

Nice job....I have thought about doing a 93-95 RM, they are great looking bikes....was it clean to start with? Full engine rebuild? Plans to ride it?

|

3/21/2018 4:25 PM

sandman768 wrote:

Nice job....I have thought about doing a 93-95 RM, they are great looking bikes....was it clean to start with? Full engine ...more

Sandman,

It was a great find, it still had all the original OE everything except a god awful oversized IMS tank. The swing arm had the huge holes drilled in it for a kickstand so I found a great used one on eBay to clean up and replace. The bike was just dirty and grimy is all. As you know the obvious few signs were the radiators were in phenomenal condition along with very little clutch cover wear as can see in photos. It came with a brand new OEM pipe as well with new radiator shrouds still in the bag. I rode it has tons of compression and went through all the gears nicely. Paid $1500 for it and thought it was a great deal cause of its use. (Drove 6hrs total to get it though) So... I just did a frame up restoration without any motor work involved which was a nice break as we all have had to do engine rebuilding on most restoration projects. There is a pipe repair company here that is loca that can make a OE pipe along with any works pipes and turns them into a new looking factory pipe. Just sourced a lot of new parts that you can't get any more from a guy in Italy off of Vintage bike ads website and got new OE seat cover and foam, air box, and both ignition and clutch covers that I still need to put on. I had the rear shock rebuilt and powder coated the shock (purple) (Guys was yellow) and had the front nut anodized blue for the factory look.(I'm gonna have the front forks serviced as well and math the caps blue as well. Here is a few pictures of it. I don't really ride dirt anymore transitioned with the fam to water and snow (doesn't hurt as much) lol so no plans on riding it jus a queen.

Trevor

Photo

Photo

|