Guess the club

DJB
Edited Date/Time 6/8/2022 7:26am
Found in my attic. 2

|
DJB
6/5/2022 8:23am
No but you’re on the right track. Picked this up at the ISDE 2 Day Qualifier. Club of the year and yes military base club.

speedman
6/8/2022 1:54am
Fort Hood Dirt Riders Club was my first thought--
DJB
6/8/2022 7:26am
Yep ! Ft. Hood was either rocks and dust or bearing grease mud. One of the toughest rounds (Cowhouse Enduro) on the Blackjack Enduro circuit. Finding the poster brought back memories. You must truly be old school !!!

The Shop

speedman
6/12/2022 9:26pm
FHDRC really got rolling the first year I was riding & racing so they were in state moto news a lot. I still can't see a Suzuki TS-185 without thinking of the experimental unit that rode those; I think a photo of them even made it into Life magazine, which is definitely old school to remember. The Ft. Hood guys sure got up to speed fast in putting on major events, and in recent years I have realized what a difference it must have made to have such a big tract of land available in that region of Texas, complete with grueling conditions like you said. Never rode there, though, somehow we never did anything around there, but it's cool to see the poster.

Just yesterday I was reading an ancient newspaper column ca. 1950, where the guy was looking for Vince's Bridge near the San Jacinto battlefield, the bridge burned to trap the Mexican army on that peninsula. He was just blundering around near the Ship Channel and refineries with no mapped site or satellite help, till someone told him there was an old wooden bridge down a dirt or shell road. He found a sketchy bridge all right, lumber not timbers so not ancient, but he was afraid to drive across it. It had a warning sign saying use at your own risk blah blah C.P.C. It turned out to mean Champion Paper Company, and I realized I had seen those initials on signs a lot during events on Champion Paper land back when--

Post a reply to: Guess the club

The Latest