Gaylon Mosier

se7enmx
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2013 2:10pm
I had the privledge to have attended a moto school with Gaylon Mosier in 1973 in Norcal. He was a big influence on my racing. In one day I went from a mid pack novice on Saturday to winning on Sunday with Gaylon's riding instruction and mental game. A friend of mine Terry Hunter (Hunter Designs) did this replica helmet for myself to hang on my Wall of Fame to remember such a great rider and a great instructor that made my racing to this day very special. Thanks Gaylon. You will live on in my home. RIP GM.

|
HUMPHREYMAN
1/24/2013 6:44am
THAT IS REALLY COOL....REMEMBER HIM FROM WAY BACK.....CYCLING FOR MOTOCROSS TRAINING....LOOK HOW MANY OF THEM DO THAT NOW!!....GOD SPEED GAYLON...YOU ARE STILL RIDING!!

The Shop

bigmaico
1/24/2013 9:42am
Yup Gaylon was a really cool guy.

His mechanic Rocky Williams was a great help to me, as he showed me a few Maico tricks.

I still have some of his notes somewhere?

I also got lucky to have as my best friend Steve Russell, who was the Wheelsmith shop mechanic & a lock CMC pro.

Here's a little gift that Steve gave me a few years a go.

indy_maico
1/25/2013 2:10pm
I went riding with Gaylon once in Pennsylvania when he was back there between Eastern nationals back in the day.

I told him about a crank seal problem I was having with my AW250 and he told me that Wheelsmith had found a Suzuki seal that had 3 lips that never failed. He asked me for my address. I never thought about it again, but about a month later a seal showed up in my mailbox with a note from Gaylon along with the Suzuki part number.

Some people found him a bit 'difficult', but I think he was A-OK in my book.

That Wheelsmith jersey makes me laugh. My nephew stole mine out of my old closet at my parents house in PA, took it to Florida with him, and wore it in his senior picture in his high school yearbook.

Post a reply to: Gaylon Mosier

The Latest