Found at an estate sale this morning!

chief_jubs
Edited Date/Time 10/31/2020 11:04am
Couldn’t believe it when I found this in a closet. It’s in great condition too!

|
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
10/23/2020 5:02pm
That's a trip down memory lane, I bought some boots just like those 2nd hand for 15 bucks when I was 13 years old and
and had the identical pants also. Had the knees wore out in bout a month.
Cool find.
tydog
10/23/2020 8:14pm
Congratulations!! Very cool find and I’m sure huge memories for someone. My first boots were Full Bore. I had no idea who SIDI was.

The Shop

Action69
10/23/2020 9:14pm

AlWays nice to find something unique and rare..
Bearuno
10/24/2020 9:30pm
cheif_jubs :

Please don't take this as in any way against you; Indeed , I hope you take care of the jersey especially, as it has a lot to it, I feel.

I find it tremendously sad to see something that, I assume, meant a lot to someone, but not, it appears, to their people.

My family is fairly indifferent - well, maybe because they 'lived' the early parts of it - to my sporting and 'making' achievements, though my younger brother very much knows of my early sports achievements, and my bike making history, since he was a part of it, so I'd think he'd treasure some of my 'things' once I exit. Well, he's already got a fair few things of mine.

But with most of my possessions, I've Willed them to friends and to some museums and companies I've worked with, that will, hopefully, appreciate them. My family will be taken care of very, very well financially. But the things that are precious to me, go to those that will, I hope, take care of / treasure them.

It's bit much 'of an ado' about a jersey, pants and boots, I guess, but I'm feeling a bit melancholy, and too crook to keep doing two projects that are very important to me, that are so close to being finished. I need them done, so I can get on with other 'final' projects. The more "final projects", the better.
skypig
10/27/2020 12:37am
Bearuno wrote:
[b]cheif_jubs : [/b] Please don't take this as in any way against you; [i]Indeed [/i], I hope you take care of the jersey especially, as it...
cheif_jubs :

Please don't take this as in any way against you; Indeed , I hope you take care of the jersey especially, as it has a lot to it, I feel.

I find it tremendously sad to see something that, I assume, meant a lot to someone, but not, it appears, to their people.

My family is fairly indifferent - well, maybe because they 'lived' the early parts of it - to my sporting and 'making' achievements, though my younger brother very much knows of my early sports achievements, and my bike making history, since he was a part of it, so I'd think he'd treasure some of my 'things' once I exit. Well, he's already got a fair few things of mine.

But with most of my possessions, I've Willed them to friends and to some museums and companies I've worked with, that will, hopefully, appreciate them. My family will be taken care of very, very well financially. But the things that are precious to me, go to those that will, I hope, take care of / treasure them.

It's bit much 'of an ado' about a jersey, pants and boots, I guess, but I'm feeling a bit melancholy, and too crook to keep doing two projects that are very important to me, that are so close to being finished. I need them done, so I can get on with other 'final' projects. The more "final projects", the better.
That jersey would have been priceless to it’s original owner.

Stuff that’s important to us, can be meaningless to most everyone else.
If I believed in any sort of “afterlife” - I can imagine myself “looking down” and yelling “Don’t throw them out! They are Titanium!

Sorry to hear you are “too crook” to get your projects done. Hope that changes for the better real soon.
BRT771
10/28/2020 10:07am
I love all those old enduro patches on that jersey - so cool!
moore433
10/29/2020 10:33pm
That patch Dusty Wheels use time be a pretty big cross country race organization or something. I think I even raced one of their events back before me and trees didn’t get along and I’d better stick to open mx tracks......
svt93cobra
10/31/2020 11:04am
Cool find for sure! My first MX race was at Cowhouse back in the day
DJB
11/2/2020 11:59am
I rode the Cowhouse Enduro that year (1978) and the Ft. Hood 2 Day Qualifier. If you knew just how tough Ft. Hood was you know this guy wore those patches with pride. Super find and I would treasure that.

Post a reply to: Found at an estate sale this morning!

The Latest