Elsinore Engine Parts

cloverdale
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:05pm
I am in need of a 1975 CR125 Elsinore rod and lower main bearing. Can someone direct me to a name and phone number for such items (I am already aware of ebay)? Also, does anyone have the phone number for Vinatage Factory (I have not been able to get ahold of them by email)? Thanks in advance for your help...
Scott
|
newmann
12/1/2011 3:53pm
Currently I'm not aware of anyone offering a press to fit kit for those. I'm in the process of needing to build about ten 74-78 CR125 engines and I only have five original style rod kits. The Hot Rods connecting rod for the 1981-84 CR125 and 81-84 RM125 (same kit) is correct with the exception that the lower crank pin is a larger diameter and requires boring the crank halve to accept the larger diameter pin. Everyone refers to this as the heavy duty rod kit. You'll need a good machinist/crank guy to pull it off without having to weld the crank pin in position.
yzvet426
12/2/2011 6:42am
newmann wrote:
Currently I'm not aware of anyone offering a press to fit kit for those. I'm in the process of needing to build about ten 74-78 CR125...
Currently I'm not aware of anyone offering a press to fit kit for those. I'm in the process of needing to build about ten 74-78 CR125 engines and I only have five original style rod kits. The Hot Rods connecting rod for the 1981-84 CR125 and 81-84 RM125 (same kit) is correct with the exception that the lower crank pin is a larger diameter and requires boring the crank halve to accept the larger diameter pin. Everyone refers to this as the heavy duty rod kit. You'll need a good machinist/crank guy to pull it off without having to weld the crank pin in position.
10 CR engines? Really Joe 10? It might be intervention time Whistling
newmann
12/2/2011 8:52am
newmann wrote:
Currently I'm not aware of anyone offering a press to fit kit for those. I'm in the process of needing to build about ten 74-78 CR125...
yzvet426 wrote:
Everytime one would die, I'd just go dig another one out of the pile, or off the shelf, or from under the workbench or out of another bike, or.....eventually all the old pieces of shit are dead. Got a DG bike I want to restore, two FMF package racers(74 and 76), new racebike with Mugen kit, two old race bikes, a stock 75 to restore, maybe a 74 resto and then a couple spare race motors. Call me a procrastinater.....or a hoarder, I don't care. Besides, you aren't that far behind me.Smile

The Shop

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
12/2/2011 10:30am
newmann wrote:
yzvet426 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Everytime one would die, I'd just go dig another one out of the pile, or off the shelf, or from under the workbench or out of...
Everytime one would die, I'd just go dig another one out of the pile, or off the shelf, or from under the workbench or out of another bike, or.....eventually all the old pieces of shit are dead. Got a DG bike I want to restore, two FMF package racers(74 and 76), new racebike with Mugen kit, two old race bikes, a stock 75 to restore, maybe a 74 resto and then a couple spare race motors. Call me a procrastinater.....or a hoarder, I don't care. Besides, you aren't that far behind me.Smile
I think the proper word is . . . ummm . . . "enthusiast." Yeah, that's the ticket.
drmarkr
12/3/2011 8:06am
Oh yea....I prescribe an intervention.....no doubt.
jtracing6
12/4/2011 11:33am
newmann wrote:
yzvet426 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Everytime one would die, I'd just go dig another one out of the pile, or off the shelf, or from under the workbench or out of...
I'd call you "fat wallet" with the greatest of respect of course! lol
newmann
12/4/2011 12:05pm
yzvet426 wrote:
newmann wrote:
jtracing6 wrote:
Ten dead engines in need of repair would make me more along the lines of empty wallet.
pete24
12/5/2011 5:47am
newmann wrote:
jtracing6 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Ten dead engines in need of repair would make me more along the lines of empty wallet.
ten dead engines in need of repair i would call you "crappy mechanic"
newmann
12/5/2011 7:17am
Well, there is always that possibility.....LOL.

But a 1974-78 engine of questionable origin can't always be expected to run at all or to go on forever. If all the paint has worn off an engine and it has never been split, would you put it in a restored bike?
pete24
12/5/2011 8:20am
you need to define "restored" if i didnt slipt the cases and touch and refininsh ever sinlge part of a bike i wouldnt call it restored im dooing a 77 cr rite now that will come out ok but will have afty plastic just cuz i can get it, but i wont call it restored just a good old bike, gimme a month ill put up a pic
drmarkr
12/5/2011 8:31am
jtracing6 wrote:
newmann wrote:
pete24 wrote:
ten dead engines in need of repair i would call you "crappy mechanic"
Hope you're joking, Pete....

Post a reply to: Elsinore Engine Parts

The Latest