ECMO Classic European Championship 2017 Stříbro Czech republic

David934
5/19/2017 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2017 12:26pm
It was first race three-part series in Europe. Im local, i was there and made some pictures. Friday

All week before race was raining hard. We are awaited mud race.

freestyle practice jumps

There is lot of history, track was founded in 1948, pictures is from first race 1949, hmmm

It is Husky? Nope, its Jawa

Tech inspection
|
txjcfsr
5/19/2017 5:20pm
I was fortunate enough to attend the race in Germany last year with my friend Jindrich "Henry" Gref. That is his bike in your pictures, the #4 CZ. Loved the atmosphere and it was amazing how fast those racers are! Also, lots of cool old bikes, and everyone was extremely nice to me. One of life's memories, for sure.
Since73
5/20/2017 12:26pm
David934 wrote:
Results
http://www.classicmotorsport.org/

More pictures on request.
Just WOW. Best post I've seen in a while; thank you for sharing the experience!
Some observations:

- Love the rules stating that the older the rider, the older the bike must be - keeping it true to history.
- 24 +60 riders and 31 +70!
- The bikes! Just amazing. Feel free to post more pics so I can stare at them all day. Many of these bikes were being raced all over Europe before the U.S. even knew what motocross was, so yes, those are some tough old dudes who know how to really ride the heavy iron.
- We recently had Brad Lackey roaming the pits at a vintage event, but .... Falta Very cool.

Side note - John, did you give your buddy that AHRMA sticker to put on the forks of his CZ? Haha; nice move if so.

Post a reply to: ECMO Classic European Championship 2017 Stříbro Czech republic

The Latest