Dupuytren's contracture

Dropbear
I've put this in Old School as it would mainly affect older racers.

Been on bikes my whole life and 52 now. I have started to get symptoms of Dupuytren's Contracture in my palms. Hardening of the tendons of the fingers and nodules forming. Slight pain if I stretch and flatten my palm but not too bad, more concerned on the progress of the ailment. I'm not sure if it's from riding or it's just bad luck. Has anyone else had or has it?
|
Old Shoe
3/13/2017 1:34pm
Yep! Same age. Like riding with ball bearings in your gloves. Read somewhere it means you've got some Viking ancestry.
kiwi
3/16/2017 11:36am
Yeah bud I concur with old shoe. You have Viking blood.....I thought I was hanging on too tight but my doctor assured me of the inherited condition. I put those medical gauze pads on my palms inside my gloves,hope this helps.
Dropbear
3/17/2017 5:29pm
Thanks guys, inherited by the looks. Seems like they'll have to call me trigger finger when I'm old
Old Shoe
3/18/2017 3:51am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2017 1:26pm
Mine took 5+ years to go from a small hardening under the skin on a pinky finger to curled up enough so it won't go around the grips. I've been hanging it off the end of the bars these last few years.
Last month accidentally caught it in a loop of rope and yanked it with my full body weight! Brought tears to my eyes,Sick thought I'd ripped it off, but it's less curled now and will go back round the bars again. Result!!, but not recommended.
Doc says surgery can sort it, but it often returns. Happier with it in a frozen in a curled state, better than having it sticking out unless you do a lot of cream teas and garden parties.Wink

The Shop

nuzzy211
3/18/2017 10:51am
Yep same thing here Viking blood 56 and throttle pinky bent at 90 degree angle. Dr. says it shouldn't hurt but it does. Its very irritating
9/19/2019 4:13pm
Dropbear wrote:
I've put this in Old School as it would mainly affect older racers. Been on bikes my whole life and 52 now. I have started to...

Been on bikes my whole life and 52 now. I have started to get symptoms of Dupuytren's Contracture in my palms. Hardening of the tendons of the fingers and nodules forming. Slight pain if I stretch and flatten my palm but not too bad, more concerned on the progress of the ailment. I'm not sure if it's from riding or it's just bad luck. Has anyone else had or has it?
I'm 60 and raced motocross most my life ..both hands very messed up even after surgery..starting Xiaflex injections in November...worst part is night cramps.
jeffro667
Fantasy
3594th
9/19/2019 5:25pm
I've been battling this for several years, I race 1 hour gp's, and a lot of the time the raised bumps in my palms will blister, and makes it rough to hang on. I just have to run big cushy grips, and hope for the best. The bent pinky makes it a little tougher to put on gloves, but not terrible.
MaxPower
9/19/2019 6:31pm
Dropbear wrote:
I've put this in Old School as it would mainly affect older racers. Been on bikes my whole life and 52 now. I have started to...

I'm 60 and raced motocross most my life ..both hands very messed up even after surgery..starting Xiaflex injections in November...worst part is night cramps.
Try this for night cramps.
I was getting God Awful muscle cramps from a medication I was taking. Take one or two spoons full of yellow mustard the next time you get muscle cramps. I thought it was bull until I tried it. Within 10 to 15 seconds the cramping stops
AJ Hub FOYT
1/25/2020 12:46pm
I have it too - I know this is an old topic I just joined - There is a non surgical method that is injections of an enzyme and next day straightening - I need to get it done - I could at least considered getting back on some of my moto bikes,

Post a reply to: Dupuytren's contracture

The Latest