Car Wrap for MX helmets

swatdoc
Edited Date/Time 11/1/2017 8:43pm
I really love that Bell re-issued their Moto-3 helmets. They're great to wear when riding/racing vintage bikes, or even my vintage-inspired modern Husky.

For my Hondas, I wanted to do the standard Team Honda look from the late 70's. I've painted numerous helmets in this scheme before, but thought I would try something different this time. I took the helmet to the guy who does my car wrap stuff for me, and had him give it a go. He charged me $200, which I think is totally reasonable, and should be pretty easy to re-do certain sections if I take a soil sample.

Sorry - I have no idea why Vital rotates my pictures sometimes

|
PK97
10/27/2017 6:31pm
You are into more cool stuff it’s had to try and keep up!!!

On a side note: if Stevie comes up with a cool red rocket swing arm and I can’t get one(I’m sure you will) and you want to get rid of one of those replica arms you have let me know
swatdoc
10/27/2017 7:06pm
Actually I just picked up a very nice Tripes replica 1980 CR250, and the swingarm on it is a modified KX250 unit. I'm planning on picking up one of Stevie's swingarms for that when he has them available.
450exc115
10/31/2017 2:49am
swatdoc wrote:
Actually I just picked up a very nice Tripes replica 1980 CR250, and the swingarm on it is a modified KX250 unit. I'm planning on picking...
Actually I just picked up a very nice Tripes replica 1980 CR250, and the swingarm on it is a modified KX250 unit. I'm planning on picking up one of Stevie's swingarms for that when he has them available.
Little off topic but could you post pictures of the KX arm please. I've seen the 81 CR modified arm but never a KX arm.

The Shop

10/31/2017 1:09pm
swatdoc wrote:
I really love that Bell re-issued their Moto-3 helmets. They're great to wear when riding/racing vintage bikes, or even my vintage-inspired modern Husky. For my Hondas...
I really love that Bell re-issued their Moto-3 helmets. They're great to wear when riding/racing vintage bikes, or even my vintage-inspired modern Husky.

For my Hondas, I wanted to do the standard Team Honda look from the late 70's. I've painted numerous helmets in this scheme before, but thought I would try something different this time. I took the helmet to the guy who does my car wrap stuff for me, and had him give it a go. He charged me $200, which I think is totally reasonable, and should be pretty easy to re-do certain sections if I take a soil sample.

Sorry - I have no idea why Vital rotates my pictures sometimes

Good looking helmet, along with the Scott goggles & mask iconic late 70s early 80s look.

Now if only Scott would re-introduce......
swatdoc
11/1/2017 8:43pm
Thanks guys!

I don't have any good pics of the swingarm right now, and the bike is in CA, with me in HI, so it'll be a little bit before I can get some pics

Post a reply to: Car Wrap for MX helmets

The Latest