Car Wrap for MX helmets

Related:
Create New Tag

10/27/2017 5:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/27/2017 5:54 PM

I really love that Bell re-issued their Moto-3 helmets. They're great to wear when riding/racing vintage bikes, or even my vintage-inspired modern Husky.

For my Hondas, I wanted to do the standard Team Honda look from the late 70's. I've painted numerous helmets in this scheme before, but thought I would try something different this time. I took the helmet to the guy who does my car wrap stuff for me, and had him give it a go. He charged me $200, which I think is totally reasonable, and should be pretty easy to re-do certain sections if I take a soil sample.

Photo

Sorry - I have no idea why Vital rotates my pictures sometimes

|

10/27/2017 6:31 PM

You are into more cool stuff it’s had to try and keep up!!!

On a side note: if Stevie comes up with a cool red rocket swing arm and I can’t get one(I’m sure you will) and you want to get rid of one of those replica arms you have let me know

|

10/27/2017 7:06 PM

Actually I just picked up a very nice Tripes replica 1980 CR250, and the swingarm on it is a modified KX250 unit. I'm planning on picking up one of Stevie's swingarms for that when he has them available.

|

10/28/2017 2:10 PM

That looks excellent Doc

|

10/31/2017 2:49 AM

swatdoc wrote:

Actually I just picked up a very nice Tripes replica 1980 CR250, and the swingarm on it is a modified KX250 unit. I'm planning ...more

Little off topic but could you post pictures of the KX arm please. I've seen the 81 CR modified arm but never a KX arm.

|

10/31/2017 1:09 PM

swatdoc wrote:

I really love that Bell re-issued their Moto-3 helmets. They're great to wear when riding/racing vintage bikes, or even my ...more

Good looking helmet, along with the Scott goggles & mask iconic late 70s early 80s look.

Now if only Scott would re-introduce......

|

11/1/2017 8:43 PM

Thanks guys!

I don't have any good pics of the swingarm right now, and the bike is in CA, with me in HI, so it'll be a little bit before I can get some pics

|