Can anyone identify these shoulder/bicep pads?

Starbase101
Edited Date/Time 2/1/2019 5:41pm
Hi there! I am trying to locate a set of shoulder pads like in the attached picture but nothing I've found so far is matching up. These would be "vintage" pre-1982 pads from a motocross chest protector, and of course not decorated with Disney TRON "circuitry". I'm hoping someone here might know older gear well enough to recognize it and point me in the right direction with at least a brand name. Thanks!

|
Starbase101
10/17/2018 5:50am
Yes, I saw that one. The gap between the shoulder and bicep pads is too large, and the plastic cups have a raised "plus" on them instead of being smooth. So yes, close, but not the same pads.
Bman_145
10/17/2018 9:56am Edited Date/Time 10/17/2018 9:57am
The plastic cup could have been sanded smooth and painted. I think there is custom work on that prop. Also do you know if that was from the movie or just a fan made prop?

The ones Ive found from the movie are Jofa's

The Shop

dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
10/17/2018 10:35am
Bman_145 wrote:
The plastic cup could have been sanded smooth and painted. I think there is custom work on that prop. Also do you know if that was...
The plastic cup could have been sanded smooth and painted. I think there is custom work on that prop. Also do you know if that was from the movie or just a fan made prop?

I was gonna say early Sinisalo, but I think you nailed it with Jofa.....
Starbase101
10/17/2018 7:58pm
Bman_145 wrote:
The plastic cup could have been sanded smooth and painted. I think there is custom work on that prop. Also do you know if that was...

I doubt the plastic cup could have been sanded smooth because the raised detail is taller than the actual thickness of the plastic - attempting to smooth it by removing material would result in a hole at the raised area. It would have had to been filled to smooth it but the photo looks more like an OEM cup with gaffer tape detailing than something modified. The photo is of the actual Disney studio prop that went up for auction a few years ago and is not a fan re-creation. Jofa pads were indeed used in the movie and I have a set which are an exact match of what was used for Tron and Flynn. However, Sark's pads are shaped completely different and proving to be a challenge to identify let alone acquire.
chuckie108
10/18/2018 1:30pm
I think M Robert made a set that looked like that back in the day.
Starbase101
2/1/2019 5:40pm
I have acquired the correct pads. They turned out to be from a Hallman USA chest protector.

Post a reply to: Can anyone identify these shoulder/bicep pads?

The Latest