Vintage motocross Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park Jan. 29, 2012. Classes for all
bikes and riders. Come on out to race or
watch!http://www.facebook.com/events/345049988841625/
CMC / Marty Tripes http://cmcmartytripes.com/
Sunday, January 29 at 7:00am.. Lake Elsinore, California
|
1/18/2012 4:28pm
Hey Marty,
You were one of my early motocross/racing heros....I saw you, Probably around 1968, Smoke everyone at the Rosarita Beach G.P. in Mexico You were on a 125 Penton and you started about the 5th or 6th flag...As I recall you passed about everybody in the race except maybe Fetty and Silverthorne... Couldn't help but notice you...You waved to us every time that you came off the beach...I think you might have been about 14...I might be wrong about that....Salute...
1/18/2012 4:31pm
Hey Marty, You were one of my early motocross/racing heros....I saw you, Probably around 1968, Smoke everyone at the Rosarita Beach G.P. in Mexico You were...
Hey Marty,
You were one of my early motocross/racing heros....I saw you, Probably around 1968, Smoke everyone at the Rosarita Beach G.P. in Mexico You were on a 125 Penton and you started about the 5th or 6th flag...As I recall you passed about everybody in the race except maybe Fetty and Silverthorne... Couldn't help but notice you...You waved to us every time that you came off the beach...I think you might have been about 14...I might be wrong about that....Salute...
Anyway....I'd be at your race if I didn't live accross the country....Good Luck
1/20/2012 9:37am
Hey Marty, You were one of my early motocross/racing heros....I saw you, Probably around 1968, Smoke everyone at the Rosarita Beach G.P. in Mexico You were...
Hey Marty,
Hi Fred.
Wow you remember that ? I was a very young kid about 12 years old. I still have that Trophy as I had to start the last row because I was a beginner. That race stands to be one of my Favorites of my life, I actually wow the overall at the end of a 1hour race.
We ran down the beach almost 1 mile long. Talk about fun.
Come see us at Diamond Don’s in Jefferson, TX. We will be there with the Marty Tripes 100cc Works Revenge Class that is sweeping the states as I write this. That’s April 21, 22, 2012
Hope to see you there and thanks for remembering the race and me.
Take care
Marty Tripes
Deek22
1/20/2012 10:33am
Hey Marty,
Hi Fred. Wow you remember that ? I was a very young kid about 12 years old. I still have that Trophy as I had to...
Hi Fred.
Wow you remember that ? I was a very young kid about 12 years old. I still have that Trophy as I had to start the last row because I was a beginner. That race stands to be one of my Favorites of my life, I actually wow the overall at the end of a 1hour race.
Come see us at Diamond Don’s in Jefferson, TX. We will be there with the Marty Tripes 100cc Works Revenge Class that is sweeping the states as I write this. That’s April 21, 22, 2012
Take care
Marty Tripes
Photobucket" class="img-fluid" />

Come check out some of our trick bikes. Bike builders, and creative geniuses do apply.
Thanks Marty for the open sheet of paper you have given us.
What kind of bike is this?

The Shop

1/20/2012 5:49pm
Hey Marty,
Hi Fred. Wow you remember that ? I was a very young kid about 12 years old. I still have that Trophy as I had to...
Hi Fred.
Take care
Marty Tripes
Yeah Marty....I was in that race...250 novice.... until that evil 238 Green Streak puked the rotary valve So I went down and watched your smoke . Very gracious of you to reply to my post.
Zeke27G
1/26/2012 1:08pm
Anyone here going out to CMC / Marty Tripes VMX at Elsinore this sunday the 29th?
Deek22
1/27/2012 11:26pm
Yes there are a lot of us 100 racers going out there. Lots of other classes looks like great weather. Plus we have plenty of fast fast pros riding against each other on fairly equal machines getting after it.You can line up against them or just watch. Marty and the Peter's family are great host. So get out there.
Zeke27G
1/29/2012 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2012 6:55pm
I wanted to make it out to the Marty Tripes Races at Elsinore but I couldn't make it. I did make it out there on my Kx450F to ride the main/vet on saturday and I saw the vintage track that Marc built, looked fun for the pre 80's bikes, maybe a bit too mellow for the post 80's bikes. I saw some guys camped out with all of their vintage bikes on display and it made me that much more motivated to get my both my bikes out there to compete!!

Did anyone get any photos?

The people that were shooting on the main/vet tracks on saturday got this shot of me...sure glad I wasn't on my '74 MX360 that far up in the air!! hahaha

nakedmonkey
1/31/2012 4:13pm
Zeke27G wrote:
Anyone here going out to CMC / Marty Tripes VMX at Elsinore this sunday the 29th?
I raced my newly restored '87 CR500 and had a blast! The special vintage track they built was pretty fun even on the big 500.
We raced Marty's Vintage days weekend and had an amazing time so we knew this one would be good as well.
Turn out was decent for the first event, the Elsinore facility is really nice now, the entries were low and Marty's attention to detail is top notch.
Free fresh brewed coffee during sign up, Free hotdogs after the race, sweet T shirts for prizes, fun SAFE track and great old bikes. Friendly atmosphere IE plenty of strangers getting to know each other while helping to bump start old bikes or sharing duct tape and tools etc :> just like the old days.

It's only going to get better. Marty is seeding the vintage track so we will have a virgin grass track for one race. So make a point to come out and race, it's a great time and you actually get more for your $$.

Thanks Marty
pakala
1/31/2012 9:23pm
Next CMC/ Marty Tripes 100cc works revenge race will be in less than two weeks!! Sunday Feb. 12 at Glen Helen raceway on the REM track. We have classes for all bikes and age groups. Come hang out with Pro motocrossers from the 70's and 80's that can still rip.Marty Tripes, Jim Gibson, Scott Burnworth ,Mike Tripes, Radical Ron Turner,Clark Jones, Bruce McDougal, Gary Chaplin, Tommy "Tomahawk" Croft, Preston Petty,Gary Faxon, Mike Beier, Tom Corley, Gary Jones, Stu Peters. Come on out and race or watch. Gibson and Burnworth put on a hell of a show last race, as good as any SX this year. No lie ask around:-)
Pablo
Mike_Larson
2/18/2012 2:32pm
Just curious? Is my (Orange & Blue) 1974 Hodaka Super Rat legal in the Marty Tripes 100c.c. Revenge race? If so, I might just see you at Diamond Dons. Thanks, Mike #93c
Craze
2/18/2012 10:26pm
Just curious? Is my (Orange & Blue) 1974 Hodaka Super Rat legal in the Marty Tripes 100c.c. Revenge race? If so, I might just see you...
Just curious? Is my (Orange & Blue) 1974 Hodaka Super Rat legal in the Marty Tripes 100c.c. Revenge race? If so, I might just see you at Diamond Dons. Thanks, Mike #93c
http://cmcmartytripes.com/ Check the class criteria
2/19/2012 9:25am
Just curious? Is my (Orange & Blue) 1974 Hodaka Super Rat legal in the Marty Tripes 100c.c. Revenge race? If so, I might just see you...
Hi Mike
Yes you're bike will work fine in our class. Mike take the time and see the rules for the class at Martytripes100ccworksrevenge.com If you have any questions please contact me back and will do our best to get you going.
Marty Tripes

Post a reply to: CMC/ Marty Tripes 100cc Works Revenge

The Latest