Anyone remember 'Stormin' Home' tv movie?

11/9/2015 7:43pm
>Gil Gerard commands it!

Is that dude even still alive?
He still lives! That guy didn't do a tv role without wearing the tightest pants imaginable lol. I'm surprised he doesn't have blood pressure issues from squeezing his nuts too tightly all those years.
vet323
11/9/2015 8:31pm
vet323 wrote:
I purposely did not comment on this thread because I didn't want to hex this deal! I am certain that this movie is far, far shittier...
I purposely did not comment on this thread because I didn't want to hex this deal! I am certain that this movie is far, far shittier than I remember, but it will be awesome to drain some beers and watch it Mystery Science Theater-style. Thanks Mb60 and Ace!
My friend, this movie was so shitty that it's definitely worth the hassle :) Just pretend we are all 12 years old again, and it didn't...
My friend, this movie was so shitty that it's definitely worth the hassle Smile Just pretend we are all 12 years old again, and it didn't matter if it sucked- as long as it was mx on tv! " Transmission gave out; the expansion chamber made too much torque" lol. I can't wait!
It's stupid how excited I am about this, dude! Can you imagine how silly people 20 years from now will feel to get a copy of "Supercross the Movie"?Tongue
11/11/2015 4:46am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2015 5:09am
Mb60 is going to mail it to me this week. He wants a DVD copy and the vhs back, and I'm going to put it on...
Mb60 is going to mail it to me this week. He wants a DVD copy and the vhs back, and I'm going to put it on my media fire page as a digital file (probably less than 700mb). If anyone else wants a DVD we can work it out when it happens. I figure $3 or $4 ought to cover the DVD and shipping to just about anywhere. Like I said though, it'll be free on media fire and will cost you guys zero if you can burn your own dvd.
I'd like it on DVD...let me know on sending money when ready.

I have not even gone to pick up the broken tape yet on my version...if this works out I doubt I will bother LOL.

I will be the street racer in flannel next to the my buddy in the bar they made wear a goofy gray confederate (as they called it) painters cap. The "Red" talked to me a bunch in the bar and at my car but most of that was cut from the final film. I also was driving my 1969 GTOJudge in the "street race" and all the car sounds were recorded from my car.

barkhard696
11/11/2015 8:03am
> I also was driving my 1969 GTOJudge in the "street race" and all the car sounds were recorded from my car.

Jeez, SuperStock, I would've KILLED to be in your crew in '85! RAIII or IV?

The Shop

11/11/2015 9:45pm
I'd like it on DVD...let me know on sending money when ready. I have not even gone to pick up the broken tape yet on my...
I'd like it on DVD...let me know on sending money when ready.

I have not even gone to pick up the broken tape yet on my version...if this works out I doubt I will bother LOL.

I will be the street racer in flannel next to the my buddy in the bar they made wear a goofy gray confederate (as they called it) painters cap. The "Red" talked to me a bunch in the bar and at my car but most of that was cut from the final film. I also was driving my 1969 GTOJudge in the "street race" and all the car sounds were recorded from my car.

I'd imagine that I could use one of those $5 flat rate envelopes from the post office for anyone that wants a copy. If they have a cheaper option I'll use it. I'll let u know.
eyeconvideo
11/11/2015 10:31pm
Once it's digitized, I'll be happy to take the movie and upload it to an account where people can watch it online or even download it to their computers. (DVDs are going way of VHS.)

11/11/2015 10:37pm
Once it's digitized, I'll be happy to take the movie and upload it to an account where people can watch it online or even download it...
Once it's digitized, I'll be happy to take the movie and upload it to an account where people can watch it online or even download it to their computers. (DVDs are going way of VHS.)

That'd be an awesome solution! The entirety of the vitalmx old school board is banding together to make sure this shitty movie gets seen by all, lol. I predict a whole lot of people will say "I can't believe I wasted my time. " Smile It ruled hard when I was 12 years old though, seeing an mx movie on tv. I remember the old series 'Simon and simon' actually showed one of the main characters racing mx and I taped the rerun just for that lol.
11/11/2015 10:40pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2015 10:40pm
Another shitty show I'd watch every week was 'Streethawk' lol. A man riding a crime fighting streetbike. That bike would go '200mph' and cut corners like it was on rails. Seriously though: how much crime can you fight on a motorcycle? A lead pipe in your spokes pretty much takes you out of commission.
mb60
11/12/2015 1:05pm
Ok dropped movie in the mail today and you should get it Monday at the latest. Too all vitards enjoy this movie classic. And I will say I did race this great sx track in the 125 Int class back in 1985 and never went back.
barkhard696
11/12/2015 6:28pm Edited Date/Time 11/12/2015 6:30pm
>Seriously though: how much crime can you fight on a motorcycle? A lead pipe in your spokes pretty much takes you out of commission.

^^That comment, sir, WINS. Ah, 1980s TV. And as much as what we had to watch blew chunks, you should've seen the agricultural grade crap the Euros had to sit through back then. I spent 9 months in London in 1985 when my Dad was doing his fellowship at a university there, and seriously -- The "A" Team was the HIGLIGHT of the week's TV. When Hannibal & Co. came on it was like a screening of Citizen Kane.

>Orange Ram Air III with a 4 speed and black interior.

That must have been a lot of fun. I had a Verdero Green '69 with hood tach, a 428 (I put a welded up 428 crank into the 400), roller cam and converted it to an M-21. Tire smoke was just a tip-in away at almost any speed in the bottom three. Miss that car, 5.0 Mustangs, Grand Nationals and Corvettes, all were baby seals crushed under the Poncho's lead club. (The GNs could occasionally give me an OK run.)

>Ok dropped movie in the mail today and you should get it Monday at the latest. Too all vitards enjoy this movie classic.

Awesome, MB60!
11/12/2015 7:06pm
This whole deal has been pretty cool! I know the source vhs probably isn't very good definition, but it'll still be awesome to rewatch. I'll make a discussion thread for the movie so everyone can comment on it after they watch it.
11/12/2015 8:35pm Edited Date/Time 11/12/2015 8:41pm
Told my cousin about the deal we all had going about this movie and about how Mb60 wanted a DVD and his vhs tape back, and my cousin says "wouldnt it be funny if you had been waiting 30 years to steal this movie from someone, and this is how you are doing it. A heist 30 years in the making lol" . We also used the phrase "sinister Bo Wiggens" randomly through the day. I called auto zone looking for a part for my car and asked to speak to "Bo Wiggens" lol. The lady said "no one here by that name" and I said "he probably uses a fake name. He's very sinister." Lol
reded
11/14/2015 7:33am
I'll gladly paypal someone for a couple copies of this on DVD. Anyone?
11/14/2015 10:20am
reded wrote:
I'll gladly paypal someone for a couple copies of this on DVD. Anyone?
Soon as I get it in the mail and convert it I'll let you know.
11/16/2015 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 11/16/2015 5:17pm
Movie came in today! My son is in his room transferring it to digital right now. I'll know how it looks tomorrow and we can all start getting these dvds in the mail to you guys and making it available online.
mb60
11/16/2015 6:43pm
Movie came in today! My son is in his room transferring it to digital right now. I'll know how it looks tomorrow and we can all...
Movie came in today! My son is in his room transferring it to digital right now. I'll know how it looks tomorrow and we can all start getting these dvds in the mail to you guys and making it available online.
Glad that classic came in one piece. I started to get extra insurance on it. LOL

That Terminator was taped in 1984 by the way also.
11/16/2015 9:25pm Edited Date/Time 11/16/2015 9:26pm
My son is VERY excited to see if there are any old commercials on the tape lol. He is way into old television history and such. I'll check out his work tomorrow. My family and I were in an accident this weekend on our way to Indiana when a large tow truck rear ended a large pickup truck - which then rear ended us HARD. My lovely wife either has whiplash or has damage to a disc in her neck, and I was told by my dr. That I have disc fluid leaking because I have bruising and severe pain around my back fusion area. Been a real shitty week lol. I hope this movie improves my mood Smile Updates tomorrow!
11/17/2015 11:23am
Guess what I'm watching?

Gil Gerard just called Bo Wiggens a "spode" and a "meanace" lol.
11/17/2015 11:39am
All the bad guys (Bo Wiggens pit crew ) are wearing brand new, matching, red HRP hats lol. I wonder how much the hurricane paid for that product placement?
This movie could have easily been a "Nascar themed" show. Everybody is a southern "good old boy" and a lot of the off track action looks like it takes place in the bar from 'urban cowboy'.

mb60
11/17/2015 12:42pm
All the bad guys (Bo Wiggens pit crew ) are wearing brand new, matching, red HRP hats lol. I wonder how much the hurricane paid for...
All the bad guys (Bo Wiggens pit crew ) are wearing brand new, matching, red HRP hats lol. I wonder how much the hurricane paid for that product placement?
This movie could have easily been a "Nascar themed" show. Everybody is a southern "good old boy" and a lot of the off track action looks like it takes place in the bar from 'urban cowboy'.

That bar still stands. LoL

It now has sand volleyball out back. The track was about a mile down from there and is long gone. Did the quality of a 30 year old VHS tape survive ?
11/17/2015 4:20pm
It's actually very good quality still. I'll have to watch it through in the morning to double check. I'm kinda staying in bed a lot because of our car wreck this weekend. It has absolutely messed something up badly and I'm In a lot of pain and my legs are numb. Trying to take it easy to see if they'll ease up. I'll start getting addresses tomorrow and give a PayPal for shipping info.
eyeconvideo
11/17/2015 7:09pm
I've got a Pro Vimeo account where, if I can get a copy of the movie file, I can upload it where anyone can watch it on a computer, tablet or phone. Additionally, anyone can download the movie to their computer at different file sizes. All free of charge if someone can forward the file to me. Smile

(BTW, I'm not into motorcycles. I'm interested in Stormin' Home because when I was 16, they shot a scene at a small restaurant my parents owned in Dallas and we were in the background behind Gil Gerard and Lisa Blount. That scene ended up on the cutting room floor. Sad That movie is one of the main reasons I got into the TV business. 35 years later, I'm still in the business. I know I have some behind the scenes pictures from the shoot and MAY have the original movie script. I'll see if I can find those.)

Cheers!

Greg Coon
Eyecon Video Productions
11/17/2015 7:56pm
Greg, I'll have it figured out tomorrow afternoon for you.
11/17/2015 8:01pm Edited Date/Time 11/17/2015 8:01pm
Hi Ace, hope you get better soon.

I would like to get a copy when these are done, my Email is tiefehunde@gmail.com

Thanks
I'll go see what kind of flat rate postage is cheapest so we can do it for one price as well. My son is going to clean his vcr heads to nite and try another dub tomorrow as well in case we can get a little better quality . My email is aceofspades1972@yahoo.com if anyone wants to send me your address. I'll send my PayPal address so that I can recoup shipping plus $1 for each dvd. Does that sound reasonable?
vet323
11/18/2015 11:38am
Hi Ace, hope you get better soon.

I would like to get a copy when these are done, my Email is tiefehunde@gmail.com

Thanks
I'll go see what kind of flat rate postage is cheapest so we can do it for one price as well. My son is going to...
I'll go see what kind of flat rate postage is cheapest so we can do it for one price as well. My son is going to clean his vcr heads to nite and try another dub tomorrow as well in case we can get a little better quality . My email is aceofspades1972@yahoo.com if anyone wants to send me your address. I'll send my PayPal address so that I can recoup shipping plus $1 for each dvd. Does that sound reasonable?
I'll shoot you my email now. Ace, you and your kid both rock! Thanks for this.

How's the back doing today, dude?
11/18/2015 11:53am
vet323 wrote:

I can barely move today. My left leg is numb. I think I'm pretty messed up. I finished watching the movie and it is fine except for a slight warble in the audio for the last minute or two. It'll do fine tho. I have to have an MRI in the morning and I'll pick up a pack of dvd and get these things out as quick as I can. I'll attempt to upload to media fire in a bit and if it works I'll post the link.
vet323
11/18/2015 6:19pm
vet323 wrote:

I can barely move today. My left leg is numb. I think I'm pretty messed up. I finished watching the movie and it is fine except...
I can barely move today. My left leg is numb. I think I'm pretty messed up. I finished watching the movie and it is fine except for a slight warble in the audio for the last minute or two. It'll do fine tho. I have to have an MRI in the morning and I'll pick up a pack of dvd and get these things out as quick as I can. I'll attempt to upload to media fire in a bit and if it works I'll post the link.
Geeze, Ace, it's been 30 years!

I don't mean to speak for everyone, but I can wait a while longer if need be. Take care of yourself first, man!

Post a reply to: Anyone remember 'Stormin' Home' tv movie?

The Latest