Anyone know what this swing arm is?

srbaldus
Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 10:28pm
Hi all, I picked up a 77 tt500 a while back something to tinker with and long story short is im finally getting around to it. It came with a bunch of extra stuff this swing arm being one of the items. I assume its for the TT but cant seem to find much else out. Im just curious if anyone knows what I have here and any help would be much appreciated.

|
tydog
1/28/2020 1:16pm
Cross Up I believe
OldPro277
1/28/2020 2:05pm
I need a closer look at it. I can send you my shipping address......
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
1/28/2020 2:12pm
tydog wrote:
Cross Up I believe
Have to go with Kenny; the Thor arms were smoother and the Cross Ups had that sharp angle.

The Shop

srbaldus
1/28/2020 2:50pm
Thanks for all the info guys. This era of bikes and aftermarket parts predates me a little bit and its always cool to find out about them. It looks like between this swing arm and what I've determined to be Simon's forks I got with it someone spent so money back in the day. I appreciate the info and guess now need to decide what path to go down with the bike.
tydog
1/28/2020 3:03pm
srbaldus wrote:
Thanks for all the info guys. This era of bikes and aftermarket parts predates me a little bit and its always cool to find out about...
Thanks for all the info guys. This era of bikes and aftermarket parts predates me a little bit and its always cool to find out about them. It looks like between this swing arm and what I've determined to be Simon's forks I got with it someone spent so money back in the day. I appreciate the info and guess now need to decide what path to go down with the bike.
All the best, good luck. Just remember, have fun with these old ones.
If you need any info, feel free to reach out to some of us; all of us here are not rookies and major league assholes.
srbaldus
1/29/2020 4:24am
One more quick question as now that I've slept on all this a night. I have seen that it looks like the Simons forks have a little bit of a following and I assume the swingarm might as well. If it were you guys, and the bike is just going to be a tool around out back and up the road to my folks is there any reason not to just keep the stock stuff on the bike aside from the cool factor of the old school aftermarkets? Do you think there would be some guys out there who might actually want them for a nice vintage build or are they a its cool but not that functional type of thing?
Silas444
1/29/2020 5:44am
There is, without question, a large group of people who would love to have that swingarm and/or those forks. The acronym is "AHRMA."
450exc115
1/29/2020 7:58am
Depends on the condition of the items but good "used to restored" fetch 1000-1700 for the forks/triple clamps and 300-700 for an aftermarket swingarm.

Cool stuff for sure!
tydog
1/29/2020 1:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2020 1:21pm
Those are Simons and you also have Simons triples, bar clamps and brake stay!
I started to mention all of that in my earlier posts but I did not want to hijack your thread or topic.
You have some very valuable pieces there! I suggest you start looking around elsewhere on the bike and seeing what else might be there. LMAO. Like maybe a trick frame???
srbaldus
1/29/2020 1:25pm
tydog wrote:
Those are Simons and you also have Simons triples, bar clamps and brake stay! I started to mention all of that in my earlier posts but...
Those are Simons and you also have Simons triples, bar clamps and brake stay!
I started to mention all of that in my earlier posts but I did not want to hijack your thread or topic.
You have some very valuable pieces there! I suggest you start looking around elsewhere on the bike and seeing what else might be there. LMAO. Like maybe a trick frame???
From other pictures I've seen of tt500 it appears to be a stock frame but can run out a snap some pictures in a few for you guys to take a look at.
srbaldus
1/29/2020 1:42pm
Frame appear stock, I checked the VIN and it shows up as a 77 tt500. I throw a picture of the bike itself at least in it's current state to see if anything jumps out as well as the shocks that I'm thinking are fox. Thanks for all the info everyone

Bearuno
1/31/2020 10:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2020 5:36pm
I first saw the top picture om my phone, while waiting at my Docs. Got called into seeing the 'chopper' before I saw the others.

I have to say, I freaked out, as it looked like a swingarm made from flat plate / bar....... just have a squizz at the picture and you'l see what I mean - the perfect angle, especially with the top / LH arm. Woohoo

Those shocks :

They probably are Fox Emulsions, but, perhaps, not the first, Red bodied type. I worked at the OZ distributors in the 70s and 80s, and, they look like they may be the 2nd version, a precursor to the Reservoir-ed Fox Factory Shox. The bodies look bigger, the brass seal heads ( though the Bronze ones are take offs in my original box - I think the replacement Aluminium Seal heads currently fitted had a DU fitted, the brass, did not????) match a set taken off my Remote Reservoir Fox Factory Shox that I have recently found during a clean up. And, the Red, small body Fox Shoxs had a Blue and White Spring combination, the Factories had the Red / Blue Combination.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
2/1/2020 3:08pm
Bearuno wrote:
I first saw the top picture om my phone, while waiting at my Docs. Got called into seeing the 'chopper' before I saw the others. I...
I first saw the top picture om my phone, while waiting at my Docs. Got called into seeing the 'chopper' before I saw the others.

I have to say, I freaked out, as it looked like a swingarm made from flat plate / bar....... just have a squizz at the picture and you'l see what I mean - the perfect angle, especially with the top / LH arm. Woohoo

Those shocks :

They probably are Fox Emulsions, but, perhaps, not the first, Red bodied type. I worked at the OZ distributors in the 70s and 80s, and, they look like they may be the 2nd version, a precursor to the Reservoir-ed Fox Factory Shox. The bodies look bigger, the brass seal heads ( though the Bronze ones are take offs in my original box - I think the replacement Aluminium Seal heads currently fitted had a DU fitted, the brass, did not????) match a set taken off my Remote Reservoir Fox Factory Shox that I have recently found during a clean up. And, the Red, small body Fox Shoxs had a Blue and White Spring combination, the Factories had the Red / Blue Combination.
Those definitely are Fox Factory Shocks, not the original Fox Spring Shock. Definitely all the right add-ons. Shoot, all you need now is a repopped HL frame. TT's are cool bikes.
tydog
2/1/2020 4:27pm
Bearuno wrote:
I first saw the top picture om my phone, while waiting at my Docs. Got called into seeing the 'chopper' before I saw the others. I...

Those shocks :

Those definitely are Fox Factory Shocks, not the original Fox Spring Shock. Definitely all the right add-ons. Shoot, all you need now is a repopped HL...
Those definitely are Fox Factory Shocks, not the original Fox Spring Shock. Definitely all the right add-ons. Shoot, all you need now is a repopped HL frame. TT's are cool bikes.
Yupp x 2
BobbyM
2/2/2020 10:28pm
All you need now is DMS FRAME and you will be the shit.

Post a reply to: Anyone know what this swing arm is?

The Latest