Another HPP question-1986 CR250

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2018 7:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2018 9:16 PM

So, I have my powervalve put back together and am having an issue with adjusting the it properly. Seems when I turn the top spring loaded screw, the power only that particular side fully closes. They do not close completely together. I’ve included a video to help explain what’s going on. Not really sure what to do. All suggestions welcomed!! Thanks in advance

|

7/21/2018 7:29 AM

Yup, that's what they do when the barrel is off. When the barrel is fitted to the cases, they are held closed and you will need to adjust how far they open. Follow the directions in the manual. It's a bit of a faff the first few times you do it as it all seems backwards, but it's not.

Stevie

|

Check out our website! www.phildentonengineering.com E-mail if you don't see what you're after!

The finest Titanium, Stainless Steel and Billet alloy components in the world!

Engine building, Race prep, Restoration

https://www.facebook.com/PhilDentonEngineering

7/21/2018 1:19 PM

Thanks StevieD113! Going to put it back together then

|

7/21/2018 1:51 PM

I have a genuine manual for them and I have to read through it every time I go through a HPP motor. Each year is slightly different and needs setting up a little differently. It can be quite confusing!

|

Check out our website! www.phildentonengineering.com E-mail if you don't see what you're after!

The finest Titanium, Stainless Steel and Billet alloy components in the world!

Engine building, Race prep, Restoration

https://www.facebook.com/PhilDentonEngineering

7/21/2018 5:40 PM

i dont have them anymore, but in 89 or 90 i had a cylinder ported by PC and it came with pv instructions that were simple maybe call them if you dont figure it out

|

7/21/2018 7:08 PM

pete24 wrote:

i dont have them anymore, but in 89 or 90 i had a cylinder ported by PC and it came with pv instructions that were simple maybe call them if you dont figure it out

Just to clarify...when you say PC, you mean Pro Circuit?

|

7/21/2018 7:09 PM

StevieD113 wrote:

I have a genuine manual for them and I have to read through it every time I go through a HPP motor. Each year is slightly different and needs setting up a little differently. It can be quite confusing!

Confusing is an understatement

|

7/22/2018 4:59 PM

pete24 wrote:

ktm_kev wrote:

Just to clarify...when you say PC, you mean Pro Circuit?

yes

|