American Eagle Sidewinder 100 MX

Related:
Create New Tag

9/18/2017 3:33 PM

Anybody out there have any info on the "American Eagle Sidewinder 100 MX"?

I believe only 1 prototype was built before American Eagle went out of business. The bike was shown in a fold out ad in the center of the July 1969 "Cycle World" magazine, that's the first picture, scanned much larger than it appeared in the ad.

The the second picture is courtesy C. Williams and came from Edison Dye, (when he was considering on carrying the American Eagle brand along with Husqvarna).

The bike clearly is using the 90cc Jawa rotary valve engine that came in the Jawa 90 Cross and Roadster.

What happened to this prototype? Anybody know?

Photo

Photo

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

9/19/2017 11:44 AM

Too old for you guys, huh?

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

9/19/2017 11:58 AM

Cool , little bike . Don't remember seeing one before , wish I would have had something like that as a kid instead of my evil handling honda mini trail ..

|

9/19/2017 3:30 PM

Looks like a close cousin to the Jawa powered Indian Boy Racer that Floyd Clymer was selling at the time.Photo

|

You kids get off my lawn!

2013 KTM450 Factory Edition
Projects......lots of projects!

9/19/2017 5:01 PM

I want to say that one of my dad's friends had an American Eagle 250 back in the early 70's, but I was really little, so the only thing I remember about it was that he traded it in for a Husky 250. The thing would probably be worth some coin if he still had it today.

|

9/20/2017 1:06 AM

Reese95w wrote:

Anybody out there have any info on the "American Eagle Sidewinder 100 MX"?

I believe only 1 prototype was built before American Eagle went out of business. The bike was shown in a fold out ad in the center of the July 1969 "Cycle World" magazine, that's the first picture, scanned much larger than it appeared in the ad.

The the second picture is courtesy C. Williams and came from Edison Dye, (when he was considering on carrying the American Eagle brand along with Husqvarna).

The bike clearly is using the 90cc Jawa rotary valve engine that came in the Jawa 90 Cross and Roadster.

What happened to this prototype? Anybody know?

Photo

Photo

Baby "Banana Frame", hey, Reese.

Whether or not it's a coincidence, or the frame was made by Jawa as well, do you know, Oh Eastern Block Enthusiast?

|