A good rearshock for cr 125 1997

7/15/2016 5:00am
Hello guys! i want to remove my old rear shock of my bike....a honda cr 125 1997...and install a newer compatible shock...like a yzf or kxf rear shock....I dont know wich one i can install....do you know anybody that have done this work?? And if the results are goods?
Can you help me??
Thanks!
|
Ryan_Nolan
7/15/2016 2:25pm
Hello guys! i want to remove my old rear shock of my bike....a honda cr 125 1997...and install a newer compatible shock...like a yzf or kxf...
Hello guys! i want to remove my old rear shock of my bike....a honda cr 125 1997...and install a newer compatible shock...like a yzf or kxf rear shock....I dont know wich one i can install....do you know anybody that have done this work?? And if the results are goods?
Can you help me??
Thanks!
Is there a problem with yours? I have a 1997 CR 125 and the stock rear shock on that bike works well, maybe you should just consider having it rebuilt or revalved. I highly doubt a stock shock off a newer bike will work any better then the shock you currently have if you just had yours rebuilt.
7/15/2016 2:45pm
Hello guys! i want to remove my old rear shock of my bike....a honda cr 125 1997...and install a newer compatible shock...like a yzf or kxf...
Can you help me??
Thanks!
Ryan_Nolan wrote:
Is there a problem with yours? I have a 1997 CR 125 and the stock rear shock on that bike works well, maybe you should just...
Is there a problem with yours? I have a 1997 CR 125 and the stock rear shock on that bike works well, maybe you should just consider having it rebuilt or revalved. I highly doubt a stock shock off a newer bike will work any better then the shock you currently have if you just had yours rebuilt.
All you say is truth...but i want to explore new options in my bike....for example i have installed a crf front fork...and of course i want to do any that seem to this in the rear train...for example one friend says to me that the cr 125 98-99 rear shock is easy to install in the 97's ones...i have seen in other threads that one guy have installed a yzf rear shock on a honda cr 250 96...etc....you tell me a good resource but i want other thing...of course thank for this.
Ryan_Nolan
7/15/2016 3:29pm
Understood, I like improving wherever I can!
billyslad
7/16/2016 11:14pm
I think a 99 shock will go on I don't know if a 250 one will also fit check the eye to eye measurement

The Shop

7/30/2016 5:35am
billyslad wrote:
I think a 99 shock will go on I don't know if a 250 one will also fit check the eye to eye measurement
Hello i have buyed a 99 cr 125 rear shock for 130€ including a new seal hidrogen and oil... Here are an image:

Anybody can say me if i will can to bore the shock and install it in my bike....i think that yes...but i will recieve the shock the next week and i dont know still anything...i have not a lot of mechanical knowledge and i am in doubt. The 97 shock is in the left and the 99 in the right side.

My bike here:

7/30/2016 9:57pm
Look out for a compatible Ohlins shock. That will be an improvement for sure.................
8/4/2016 8:43am
Hello another time finally i cant install the 99 shock

I desist...sorry for the post.

Bye

Post a reply to: A good rearshock for cr 125 1997

The Latest