92 CR250 - Close to a lost cause

notme
10/5/2015 7:06pm
Anaxdlere wrote:
Well my replica seat cover looks darker than the plastics. This is the eBay replica one from Thailand. I see Evo-MX has a neon red one...
Well my replica seat cover looks darker than the plastics. This is the eBay replica one from Thailand. I see Evo-MX has a neon red one on their site, but can't tell from the stock photos if it is lighter red than the one I have. Anyone have the Evo-MX repro neon red Honda seat cover I could see?
MaxPower wrote:
Let the guy in Thailand know about the color being wrong. He worked with me and my kx seat until it was 100% right
Hmmm....I tried to work with him on an RMX cover, the yellow he used was porous and it stained from the dirt really easy. I asked him to make one with the shiny vinyl like the black is....to no avail. At least it washed out with Mr Clean.
Anaxdlere
10/8/2015 1:44pm
Another question to this group:
I have a 96 crankcase that is in phenomenal shape that I plan on using with the re-nikasiled (is that even a word??) 92 cylinder, based on the fact that the part #'s for the crankcase are the same from 92-96. I plan on using rebuild kit just to make sure everything is new and tight, but I see there are two different kits. 92-94 and 95-96.

Am I mistaken in thinking the 96 crankcase will be a direct bolt on to the cylinder and frame of this 92?
Anaxdlere
10/17/2015 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 10/18/2015 6:59am
Got the EvoMx seat cover. Definitely more flo than the Thailand one. Guess i will sell the other. This photo may not show how different they are. Edit: would help if I attached the pic

The Shop

10/22/2015 1:54am
Heres the Evo-Mx kit. Looks bloody fantastic and has held up great after a year of racing. This photo is when it was new though.

Anaxdlere
10/22/2015 7:01am
That bike looks amazing. What did you do in order to make the swingarm turn out that well?
RyanLester761
10/22/2015 8:57am
MadMatt579 wrote:
Heres the Evo-Mx kit. Looks bloody fantastic and has held up great after a year of racing. This photo is when it was new though. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/10/22/108686/s1200_15472_10203408729733844_3464609109742204016_n.jpg[/img]
Heres the Evo-Mx kit. Looks bloody fantastic and has held up great after a year of racing. This photo is when it was new though.

Man, those forks are low in the clamps! No headshake for you, huh?! Wink
10/23/2015 2:13am
Haha, yeah everybody says that! Laughing The forks are actually at a flush height with the stock clamps, but this old school Answer clamp is higher for some strange reason. I dont think the cr's needed to turn any sharper! Got it working really well with that setup.

The swingarm was water blasted, just do all your prep work first, then blast it and it comes up really good.

cheers

Anaxdlere
10/30/2015 9:06am Edited Date/Time 10/31/2015 6:58am
Another delay in the build. Found the left side case on the 96 bottom end I picked up is also just as chewed up on the inside as the original 92 one I have. Both right sides are in good shape. Back to searching for a left half case for the bottom end. At least I didn't pay much for it (came with a bulk set of parts I purchased).

Luckily I gave up on the budget for this thing months ago Blink

In unrelated news.... anyone have a left side crankcase they want to sell??

Edit: Locating a good left crankcase is turning out to be more of a challenge than I thought. Can a crankcase be repaired? I can upload pictures, but it appears at some point in time the top end blew and the crank somehow started spinning and scarring up the left side crankcase. I don't mind sending it off for repairs if it is possible and someone has suggestions of a reputable place.
Anaxdlere
10/31/2015 7:04am
Hoping for some advice on the crankcase, but in the mean time, I had the Pro Circuit pipe that I had ceramic powder coated black to give the appearance of OEM. It turned out rather well.

Jmcd1988
10/31/2015 1:37pm
Anaxdlere wrote:
Another delay in the build. Found the left side case on the 96 bottom end I picked up is also just as chewed up on the...
Another delay in the build. Found the left side case on the 96 bottom end I picked up is also just as chewed up on the inside as the original 92 one I have. Both right sides are in good shape. Back to searching for a left half case for the bottom end. At least I didn't pay much for it (came with a bulk set of parts I purchased).

Luckily I gave up on the budget for this thing months ago Blink

In unrelated news.... anyone have a left side crankcase they want to sell??

Edit: Locating a good left crankcase is turning out to be more of a challenge than I thought. Can a crankcase be repaired? I can upload pictures, but it appears at some point in time the top end blew and the crank somehow started spinning and scarring up the left side crankcase. I don't mind sending it off for repairs if it is possible and someone has suggestions of a reputable place.
I have a complete cr250 engine I would sell but the cases need repair. Piston came apart a put a hole in the bottom of the crank case. I was told they can be repaired quite easily. Someone tried jb weld on mine.
Anaxdlere
11/1/2015 5:52pm
Thank you sir. Let me see if my luck on finding a new one pans out and if not, I will contact you about this one.
Anaxdlere
11/27/2015 7:27am Edited Date/Time 11/27/2015 7:28am
Quick update. Motor should be done next week. Did another quick mock up to see how things are progressing. Looks like it will come out pretty well. I still need to work on that tank some more or suck it up and buy a Clarke. I am ordering a new cable guide for that front plate since that one looks too yellow compared to everything else.
I also have the Evo-MX seat cover to replace that darker red one that is on it right now.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/27/2015 2:57pm
I can't wait to see this thing finished up! How much longer do you think you have left until it's finished up?
Anaxdlere
11/27/2015 5:01pm
I hope to have it finished next week if things go well! I can't wait to see the "after" when it all comes together
Schwanz22
11/27/2015 9:53pm
Looking sick!!! I had ceet build me a seat cover for my 93 and the color is spot on!! Can't wait to see the Evo seat though!!
12/6/2015 6:14pm
Anaxdlere wrote:
Quick mock up before I start putting the other parts back together. Assembling the engine as we speak. Hope to start having better progress pics soon...
Quick mock up before I start putting the other parts back together. Assembling the engine as we speak. Hope to start having better progress pics soon.
Please ignore the cluttered garage. That is the next project after this is done.

Good work man, I enjoy stuff like this i had a 92 125 i put together i didn't do it full resto but it was fun just to rebuild the motor and put new parts on it

AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
12/6/2015 10:22pm
Anaxdlere wrote:
Hoping for some advice on the crankcase, but in the mean time, I had the Pro Circuit pipe that I had ceramic powder coated black to...
Hoping for some advice on the crankcase, but in the mean time, I had the Pro Circuit pipe that I had ceramic powder coated black to give the appearance of OEM. It turned out rather well.

Do you care to share what the cost of this process was? Is the coating dull, semi-gloss? Is there a choice of coatings that are more glossy? Looks kind of dull in the photo at least....
Anaxdlere
12/7/2015 6:21am
Anaxdlere wrote:
Hoping for some advice on the crankcase, but in the mean time, I had the Pro Circuit pipe that I had ceramic powder coated black to...

AHRMA361 wrote:
Do you care to share what the cost of this process was? Is the coating dull, semi-gloss? Is there a choice of coatings that are more...
Do you care to share what the cost of this process was? Is the coating dull, semi-gloss? Is there a choice of coatings that are more glossy? Looks kind of dull in the photo at least....
He bead blasted it then used a ceramic powder coat. The guy that did it for me does all my powder coating on all these bikes I try to fix up, so he cut me a pretty good deal. It was done with lots of other stuff, so I think this one was probably around 60 bucks or so. It is definitely dull, but I can ask him if there is a more glossy option and what type of powder he used. Once I get it mounted on the bike if it looks too dull with the overall look of the bike I might yank it back off and try the more glossy route if that is possible.
Anaxdlere
12/11/2015 8:56am
I got the bottom end completely redone (found a 92 left outer in great shape) with new crank, trans bearings, etc. I started the full assembly last night. I will have it completed this evening and will have some updated pictures. The budget went through the roof so there are some things I will have to come back to, but it is still going to be an unbelievable difference from the "before" pictures.
Anaxdlere
12/12/2015 10:22pm Edited Date/Time 12/12/2015 10:23pm
Here is a quick status. This pic is without the Evo-MX brighter red seat cover (I haven't installed that yet) and also before powder coating or refinishing the clutch cover. There are a few other odds and ends I need to work on but the end is near!!

I am also going to give another go at whitening up that tank!

BS261
12/13/2015 3:12am
reded wrote:
Most bolts can be made to look new again simply by chucking them up in a drill and buffing them with scotchbrite followed by steel wool.[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/03/05/82605/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Most bolts can be made to look new again simply by chucking them up in a drill and buffing them with scotchbrite followed by steel wool.

Great idea! What kind/color of scotchbrite pad do you start with?

Brian
Anaxdlere
12/17/2015 8:55am
Here are a few more pictures. I still have not redone the clutch cover or installed the new flo red Evo MX seat cover.
I also realized I put the swingarm decals on the wrong side, hah! I will switch those over.

RyanLester761
12/17/2015 9:14am Edited Date/Time 12/17/2015 9:19am
Good looking bike! One of my favorites for sure. Good job! Bummer about the swingarm decals. Haha. Maybe you can swap them without too much trouble.

Schwanz22
12/17/2015 2:26pm
I thought the swing arm decals looked off haha!!! Hey, it happens... And if that's the only mess up then you killed it!! Are you going to ride the bike or just store it? Looks great!

Post a reply to: 92 CR250 - Close to a lost cause

The Latest